Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

May 31, 2010, 05:38 PM
    How hard is it now adays to get a credit card?
    Well the basics are pretty simple, I'm 21 with a good credit history (bills always on time, no collections, etc, ect). I have an averaged credit rating of about 720, my student CC is paid off but it only had a $700 Limit with no chances of a increased credit line and I make about $1400 take home a month. But I've only been working this job for a few months.

So will having such a small previous line of credit deter creditors from possibly giving me a new card (like I said, old CC was a student card with a fixed line of credit).

I suppose I could always just fill out a credit app but I don't want to make too many inquiries about my credit.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 31, 2010, 06:44 PM

Every credit card you apply for and get will raise your score because they each add to your personal credit limit. You are correct about not checking your credit numbers too often, that gets tracked to. What is your need for a better score, 720 won't kill your chances of buying a car or home. What's in your future that requires more/higher credit numbers
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

May 31, 2010, 11:05 PM

Nothing per say, I was thinking about taking a loan out for a Ninja 500r (motorcycle). But I would like to just keep it healthy for the sake of being responsible.

But back to my original question, with a 720 credit score I shouldn't have any problems getting another credit card even though my previous limits on cards were very low due to them being college oriented fixed limit cards?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 07:42 AM

Have a quick read of this. Understanding Your Credit Score - The Early Show - CBS News You are in better shape than 60% of the nation, just don't open multiple credit cards or check on your score frequently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

Cards are worth what now adays [ 4 Answers ]

How much are really old card worth. I have a couple hundred right now and need to know what to sell them at.

View more questions Search