Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bossman082 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 06:01 AM
    I have a new blower motor with a extra wire,what do I do with this wire.Going from 3
    I bought a new blower motor for my furnace,The old blower motor was a 3 speed and new motor is a 4 speed.The place I bought it told me to hook up white on white,black on black,red on red.And leave the orange wire hanging.I have no high speed for the ac.Is there some where I need to install the orange wire,does it need to go to the common wire?
    Vman45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 07:51 AM
    Hi... Normally, the black wire is high speed on a motor, red low speed, white common or return... an orange wire would be another speed and should be capped off, not left hanging... Power feeds back up unused speed wires... Never wire unused speeds together, it will burn up the motor... If you have no high speed on cooling you have a fan or blower relay problem... 24 volts goes down to the fan relay from the thermostat, normally a green wire, when calling for cooling or when fan is put in the on position on the thermostat... When in auto and cooling, power to pull in the compressor contactor, normally a yellow wire from the thermostat starts the compressor and the fan relay is then energized at the same time and starts the motor on high speed for cooling... If the signal doesn't come down to the blower relay, it can not change speeds on the motor... Thats its only job... Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Fan Motor - Extra Wire [ 5 Answers ]

The AC fan motor outside went out on my central unit . I purchased a new motor and got home and saw that it had an extra wire coming from the motor. I know where all the other wires attach to. On the "old" capacitor I took off "one brown" and "one black wire". On the side of the new motor it...

Emerson motor condenser wiring replacing 3 wire motor with 5 wire. [ 5 Answers ]

Any recommendations? New motor apparently is capable of running in either direction by switching brown and purple wires going to the capacitor. Looks like then either the remaining brown or purple is spliced to or hooked up to the same terminal as the yellow. Thanks.

How to wire heater blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

I am rewiring a Rudd Heater Blower motor. 240v 3 speed motor and I am trying to wire it. It doesn't matter how I wire it, as soon as I hit the 240v breaker by the unit the motor runs. I have even disconnected the thermostat totally and the motor runs constant. I am not an electrician.(Obviously)...

New blower motor has no white wire [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new blower motor and the new blower did not have a white wire. Now the blower want work at all. How can I get this to work?

View more questions Search