Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2010, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael1904 View Post
    i dont want a baby and i dont wat to set a new trend either i want to be in love with someone cute
    Rachael, I hate to be the bearer of reality, but you're not in love. How do I now this, because your main criteria for being with this boy is that he's cute and has blue eyes. That's not love, it's childish silliness, which is what I expect from an 11 year old.

My son is 11, no way would I allow him to date, he's not ready, he's not mature enough (no 11 year old is) and it's just ridiculous for kids your age to have boyfriends and girlfriends. There's no logic behind it, because you aren't mature enough to be dealing with all the things that dating involves.

Now lets deal with the fact that you're dating this cute guy. I can promise you that sooner or later, probably sooner, he won't be your boyfriend any more. He'll move on, you'll move on, and hopefully you'll be single for a while so that you can grow up a bit.

You'll probably go through handfuls of cute blue eye boys before you actually fall in love, and it won't happen any time soon.

You're a child. Stop trying to be a grownup, you're not ready, no where near ready, your childish ideals are proof enough.

That's the hard reality.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 05:13 PM

So Rachel.. if all your friends start having children at twelve or thirteen are you going to have one too?

If your friends start taking drugs and burn all their brain cells to the point of being mindless zombies are you going to do that also.

I have news for you.. kids do not like another kid who goes along with the crowd.. they may act as if they do... but I can tell you this.. they despise the ones who have no mind of their own.

The boys... when they get what their after, do you think they don't brag to other guys... they do and then you become like all the others who "just wanted to do what her friends were doing"

Being different is being true to yourself. Who wants to be like everyone else? Look around you at school , notice the pretty girls who are not trying to get a boyfriend.. they study and are well liked. They're popular because they choose not to go along with all the "Barbie crowd".

You are eleven and if your mom knows this and she isn't concerned I feel sorry for you.
    If she doesn't know and you're acting like this at school, then I feel sorry for her.

Grow up when it's time to grow up and when you're sixteen or eighteen you can look in the mirror
    And be proud of what you see.

Leave the little perv alone... He's a loser and I hope some of the smarter kids have the guts to tell an adult about his inappropriate touching.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

May 31, 2010, 05:49 PM

At the age of 11 I was hiding from boys! Them and their stupid game of catch and kiss! I thought they were SMELLY, STUPID AND DIRTY! And so did the girls around me.

Why on earth you want to date at 11 stumps me! How long have you been with this kid? A week?

How about you go out with some friends, male and female. Not as boy friend and girl friend.

He is a child still. What did you expect? For him to have eyes for you and you only? He is a child. He does not want to be tied down!

This time next year you would have had a few more boy friends and forgotten all about this boy. So the sooner you get rid of him the better
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 05:55 PM

I think sixteen is an appropriate age to start dating. Something is wrong with this world when an eleven year old girl is so crazy about boys and goes along with anything to be part of the crowd.

I weep for this generation...
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I think sixteen is an appropriate age to start dating. Something is wrong with this world when an eleven year old girl is so crazy about boys and goes along with anything to be part of the crowd.

I weep for this generation...
    It scares me to death Kit. My son is 11. He's a great kid, a smart kid, a wonderful wonderful kid, but he's not even close to being mature enough to handle a relationship.

Yes he likes girls, one in particular in his class that he's talked about since the beginning of the year. They're friends, that's it. They don't hold hands, they don't kiss, the closest thing they've done to resemble dating is exchanging gifts at Christmas.

I met with her parents at the Christmas concert, we discussed if it was all right for them to exchange presents, and we agreed that this was okay. Neither one of them want to date, they're both too young and thankfully, in our school, 11 year olds behave like 11 year olds, they're not boy and girl crazy.

I don't have a set age where he'll be allowed to date. I think it depends on maturity and what they plan on doing on a date. If it's a group then I don't have a problem with a 14 year old going on that sort of date, but one on one, calling each other girlfriend and boyfriend, that's just not okay with me, especially not at 11.

I'm not at all old fashioned, I'm not overly protective, I just don't see any reason why an 11 year old child would date. I really wonder where these parents are and if they truly know what their kids are doing.

You know, I think I'll start a thread about this. We should probably continue a discussion about this but not on this thread. I do welcome the OP to join us in the discussion, maybe then we can all try to figure out why so many children are coming to this site with relationship problems.

I'll post the link.
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2010, 07:17 PM

If anyone is interested in discussing children dating, I've started a thread/poll.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...te-475195.html
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 31, 2010, 07:37 PM

Perhaps you should leave this boy alone and tell someone in authority what he is doing.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    If anyone is interested in discussing children dating, I've started a thread/poll.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...te-475195.html
    Alty... I cannot believe you read my mind. I was thinking today about someone starting some kind of a place for kids on this forum. A place where kids can come and talk about bullying and grades and their hopes and what they want to be when they grow up.

This world is so full of horrible wicked people and I'm sick of turning on the television every night and seeing something about a kid being bullied to the point of committing suicide or a child who is abused or murdered by a pedophile.

Some of these kids don't have any guidance at home , maybe we can give it to them here. Give them hope. I look at my children and Thank God we raised them right and they are wonderful. Think about the ones who don't have parents like you and I had.. who taught us and loved us.

Think about your kids and how much you love them and think about the kids who have never known the real security of loving parents like ours have. This eleven year old has really bothered me cause now it's the norm in school and that is sad. God I wish for the days of my youth.:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of movie about an all girls school [ 3 Answers ]

I remember a relatively old film about set at an all girls school. A new girl (really into her boyfriend), with dark hair realises that her school is perfect as it is. When there is a movement to unite the school with an all boys/ brother school this girl and her friends rebel and take the...

Name movie at a girls private school [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out the title of this movie, I only remember some of the story line and one scene but it's pretty vivid... So I know there are two girls that are best friends and they seem to be the "trouble" makers at the high school. They seem to stay...

Legs and girls and buses read [ 4 Answers ]

There are 7 girls in:confused: a bus. Each girl has 7 backpacks. In each backpack, there is 7 cats. For each cat there is 7 kittens. How many legs are in the bus.

2 teenage girls finished school and are now bored [ 2 Answers ]

This shouldn't be difficult bcoz the movie is not that old. So they graduate and are not sure what to do now. The movie is slow and mostly nothing happens. One of them falls in love with a creepy guy that she met in a garage sale. He was selling some old music disks. She might have worked for a...

View more questions Search