Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachael1904 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2010, 04:15 AM
    My friend likes my boyfriend
    My friend said to me that she liked my boyfriend. I thought she was joking.I didn't worry about it until the teacher moved my friend next to him then I started to worry.thery talk a lot and I got my other friend to spy on them.my fried said she is going to make a plan to break me and him up.
    What should I do :(
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 31, 2010, 05:45 AM
    She doesn't sound like a very good friend. You can always be honest with your boyfriend about your concerns, but the botton line is whether you trust your boyfriend.

Finally, get some new friends. Hopefully not all your friends are like her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2010, 07:03 AM

Why don't you just talk to them, as maybe they are just friends, who sit next to each other in class, and you are just jealous.

May 31, 2010, 08:57 AM

I am not jealous.my friend that spys on then tells me that they talk all the time and she kissed him on the shoulder
    xantho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 09:34 AM

U can guess it just from the behavior of your boyfriend. Think you should not talk to them about this matter. Sometimes we have no feelings but after being pointed out we start to have those feelings. May be they are just friends but if you talk to them they may start thinking for each other
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael1904 View Post
    i am not jealous.my friend that spys on then tells me that they talk all the time and she kissed him on the shoulder
    Well then I guess it's time to move on. It doesn't sound like this young man is a very loyal fellow, especially in light of your other posts.

Maybe your friend also loves cute guys with blue eyes. It seems there's a shortage of them in your school otherwise why hang on to this little boy?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2010, 09:44 AM

What do you need spies for if your not jealous, or maybe insecure, and that's exactly what your other posts are saying.

Handle your business on your own or dump the guy.
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

May 31, 2010, 01:28 PM

Yep they are all true!

May 31, 2010, 01:41 PM

There are no other cute boys and I don't want to be lonely.cheek out my other question my boyriend looks at girls in a better way than he looks at me.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2010, 03:40 PM
    There are no other cute boys and i dont want to be lonley.cheek out my other question my boyriend looks at girls in a better way than he looks at me.
    You're 11 years old. Your boyfriend will look at other girls because he's a child and children don't have any concept of relationships with the opposite sex. You're both children and therefore you will act childish. That's what your "boyfriend" is doing.

The fact that you are only dating him because he's cute and has blue eyes, that's reason enough for you to be single. You're too young to be in a relationship.

I have to wonder where your parents are. If they're allowing you to date at your age then there's something seriously wrong in your household. Children shouldn't date.

Concentrate on school, learn to write better, pay attention in class, leave the boys alone for now, there's plenty of time for all that drama later.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 03:55 PM

I have to wonder if the boyfriend/girlfriend situation is similar to where I teach. Boys and girls will say they are boyfriend and girlfriend simply because they like each other, not that they are actually going out on dates. This often changes every few weeks!

Rachael... I'm sure that you like this boy very much, who wouldn't like a cute boy. But it seems from everything you have shared that, while he may like you too, he also likes other people. That does not make him your boyfriend, but simply a friend who happens to be a cute boy. If he wanted to be your boyfriend, he would like only you.

Maybe he likes that you get jealous... which is what you are if it bothers you so much that he talks to, sits by, and touches other girls. Some boys like it when several girls like them.

You will have to decide whether this boy is worth the heartache and bother that you feel when he behaves in ways you don't like.

Don't hold onto a boy just because you don't want to be alone and not be able to say that you have a boyfriend. It is much better to be without a boyfriend for awhile and be happy than to say you have a boyfriend but he makes you unhappy with how he behaves.

No one here can tell you how to change what he does... only you can tell him what you don't like and see if it matters enough to him to stop. What he does will tell you if he is worth having as a "boyfriend" or not.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 31, 2010, 07:32 PM

You should do nothing. If he really cared about you, this other girl would not matter.
    Concentrate on school and other things and thoughts of this boy and girl will soon fade.

Jun 2, 2010, 08:58 AM

My mum has nothing wrong with her and for your information I have already dumped the boy today and he started to cry so I felt sorry for him so I went back out with him and he has done nothing wrong ever since
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 09:27 AM

This boy has just manipulated you. You don't take somebody back because you feel sorry for them, and you don't stay with them because you're lonely.
    So when he hurts you and does something wrong, he'll shed a tear and you'll take him back? If he dumps you and you cry will he take you back?

You guys are way too young to be playing these games.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 01:54 PM
    my mum has nothing wrong with her and for your information i have already dumped the boy today and he started to cry so i felt sorry for him so i went back out with him and he has done nothing wrong ever since
    I hope you told him why you dumped him. I would also hope he did nothing wrong since it was in the same day that you dumped him and took him back.

If you are going to continue having him as a boyfriend, be sure you two start working on communicating about what is OK and what isn't OK to be doing. Then you will know if he respects your feelings enough to not do those things. Practice getting used to talking about those things because it will become even more important as you get older and have more serious boyfriends.

Be careful with your heart for awhile... see how things go. You will know soon enough if he is worthy of being your boyfriend or if he would be better as just a friend who happens to be a boy.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 03:25 PM

Is this the same guy you just dumped again in another thread?
    laura224 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
    Something similar happened to me and I'm so jealous but I dumped him and stole my friend's boyfriend. She hates me but what's more? I hate her even more. That's what I did but the proper way to handle it is to talk honestly with him and get things open between you. You could do what I did OR cheat on your boyfriend and let him know then he'll get jealous and want you back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to do when your boyfriend likes your best friend [ 7 Answers ]

Ok wow where do I start. There's a new guy at our scool named Dylan. Super cute, super funny, you know. Well, my best friend went out with him. Their relationship ended Friday, and then Dylan asked me out Monday. So far so good. Until Cheyenne jacked up a little... If you are aware of these cell...

I think my boyfriend likes my best friend [ 5 Answers ]

Edited for understanding Hey guys... I really need help my boyfriend well, we are great with each other, but the past while he has really been weird with my best friend. Like I don't even know anymore, and if I ask him what going on he wouldn't say anything, he would just be like wise up, and...

My boyfriend likes my friend [ 5 Answers ]

I feel really stupid asking about this on the internet but I don't know what else to do. I think my boyfriend likes one of my friends. They always call each other. Like right now he is in the other room with her and a couple of my friends and I just heard her say THREE DIFFERENT TIMES to him "ok...

I think my boyfriend likes my best friend [ 8 Answers ]

Edited for chat speak / text talk / grammar / spelling https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/no-chat-speak-no-text-talk-303157.html Hi... I have a boyfriend and we've been in a relationship for the past 1 year and even my friend also know that... everything was fine but recently I...

I think my boyfriend likes my best friend more than me [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, I need some help... I've got a boyfriend... I'm really happy with him... but just lately he's been showing a great interest in my best friend... they have been talking heaps lately and they both have exams in the same glass so they are always talking and sitting together... he seems to...

View more questions Search