Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norm649 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 06:57 PM
    My 15.5 HP Kohler eng doesn't charge enough after changing stator.. no regulator on tr
    I have a 917.271051 Craftsman lawn tractor (around 1999 I think) w/15.5 HP Kohler engine and I can't get it to charge unless it's at full throttle and even then it's too low. Only about 13vdc at battery. I changed the stator thinking it was my problem but it didn't help. I checked the battery ground and even changed batteries. (I had a spare) It is still discharging at anything below full throttle. What could be my problem? There's no regulator on this engine!. ></
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2010, 11:58 AM

should have a regulator.
    part # 41=403-09-S

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need model # or Manual for ULTRA by murray rider 15hp Kohler CMD ENG, Hydro Trans [ 1 Answers ]

The sticker under the seat is gone, no other identifying information for the model number is available on the mower. There are two numbers(one on each side under the sticker that says 15hp 42" 44X4689 on the left and 44X4690 on the right). I really need the diagram which shows the correct...

Changing a window regulator - Honda Accord. [ 1 Answers ]

Is this something I might be able to do myself? The vehicle is a '98 Honda Accord Coupe. The motor seems to be fine, but the window will no longer rise.

Water damage due to changing water pressure regulator/valve? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Several days ago I had a plummer came to fix the water pressure regulator outside of my house that connects to the street main water supply, within minutes after he fixed it and left we had a water leak inside the house and flooded our wood floor, we called the plumber right away and he came...

Changing clogged Kohler Cartridge Stem or cleaning out? [ 1 Answers ]

Any info or suggestions on changing out a "kohler cartridge stem" on tub faucet... would be greatly appreciated. This is an older tub faucet that water ran fine out of until this winter after a "semi-freeze" and after the line broke loose it has been clogged... maybe with calcium? So I am trying...

View more questions Search