Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
    My dog keeps jumping the fence?
    I have a Peke/JRT and he insists on jumping the fence, if there is something on the other side or not. We raised the fence 2 feet, and now it is at the maximum the city will allow, and he STILL jumps it. We are thinking of getting an underground fence plus the existing fence. Do you think it will help him?

He only jumps over the gate part, Im not to sure why considering the fence is all the same height, if you have any other suggestions please comment!
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

May 30, 2010, 03:17 PM

I've seen on the dog whisperer once, where a Boxer(if I can remember correctly) jumped the fence, and the fence was really high. Anyway they put a scat-mat in front of the spot where the dog would jump out.

It seemed to work pretty good, so I would suggest looking into a scat mat.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 03:20 PM

Are they save to use outside?
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

May 30, 2010, 03:27 PM

On Dog whisperer they used it outside.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 03:41 PM

Haha, well then.. Maybe I'll do some research!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 06:45 PM

From experience, the invisible electric fence with a physical fence works wonders. If your dog is stubborn, you can always set a barrier for a couple feet away from the fence so you can keep the dog completely off the fence.

That type of set up actually saved a family from having to give up their dog. The city they lived in only allowed a 5 ft fence. The dog kept jumping over it. We suggested them to try it out. The people wrote back two weeks later saying it was a life saver!

Dogs are not going to take the shock while clambering to get over the fence. It'll only happen a couple times. Soon, the dog will learn that the fence bites back and will stop trying to escape.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 07:07 PM

Is there a brand of fence you recommend?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 07:42 PM

Petsafe has decent products. You can find those products at petsmart or petco. It comes in a kit... flags,wire,collar and a dvd.
    kevinmcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Invisible Fence brand guaranteed to work or your money back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog keeps jumping the fence! [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, As some of you know I have a lab cross. And she will not stay in the yard! We let her out got 5 minutes go out to get her and she is running around on the other side of the fence. My neighbours said they don't mind it, but I don't want her to get hit or decide to follow someone away. She...

Obedience can't stop dog from jumping on me and guests [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A One Year Old Bloodhound. I Can't Get Her To Stop Jumping Up On Me. I Have Had Dogs Before But None This Stubborn. Need Advice

Superman dog jumping fences [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old pit who has been nothing but a four legged turbo charged homewrecker. I can overlook the warzone in the backyard, and the destruction of every pair of underwear I have ever bought, but now he's becoming a neighborhood nuisance. He's dug under our fence and escaped so many...

Dog and jumping at lights. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one and a half year old lab. He is fairly over active for starters. However, recently he's developed a new liking to chasing light fixtures. He literally jumps from couch to couch, on top of people, on the table, anything to get as close as he can to the light on the ceiling. The light...

Invisible dog fence electric use [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, our invisble dog fence is rated "12V, 850mA" How do I figure out how much electricity this fence is using/unit time when it's on? Thanks much.

View more questions Search