Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brown eyes me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 10:12 AM
    Does my goldfish have swimbladder
    My Goldfish, is unable too stay straight, and swims on it's side. Does my fish have swimbladder
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 11:16 AM

That's what it sounds like. Swimbladder is treatable... you're going to want to keep water warm, about 85 degrees. Tetracycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Your going to want to puchase it and start treatment. Also add salt. Directions are on the back of the box for the correct amount for sick fish. You're not going to want to move the fish, that will just cause more stress, so treat the entire tank.

Good luck
    charro08 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 12:54 PM

There is a lot of talk about giving the fish peas... green peas out of the pod... you can Google it... they don t really like them so you have to force feed them to the fish.. my fish didn't survive, but she was really bad with the disease... good luck
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charro08 View Post
    there is a lot of talk about giving the fish peas ....green peas out of the pod ....you can google it ... they don t really like them so you have to force feed them to the fish ..my fish didnt survive, but she was really bad with the disease... good luck
    To be honset I was a little worried about this advice,as I don't know much about fish myself I checked out a few sites,I found the one below that gives quite a lot of information,check with your vet before you do anything,it does mention veg for constipation,but not swimbladder.

Feeding your fish vegetables

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This is actually about my goldfish. [ 7 Answers ]

My goldfish has been very sick for about a week now. At first me and my girlfriend thought she had swim blatter. By feeding her peas (which I was told worked when they had swim blatter) helped her and she seemed fine for about a day and a half. That night we noticed her tail finn was not fully...

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have two new goldfish just put into a fish bowl yesterday and now today the water is cloudy. What should I do?

My goldfish [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new tank with 4 goldfish I want to know if I can put the cycle nutrafin in the water while the fish are in the tank and can someone please tell me if goldfish need oxygen meaning if the do what can I buy to help them get it I have a filter but what else do I need ?

Goldfish Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a goldfish for 6 years and she has survived a lot of sickness! I live in a small apartment and am currently having some remodeling work done. Since the work has begun, my goldfish tank has become very cloudy and I believe it is from the incredible dust being caused by the construction....

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goldfish in my water garden and it's forever upside down. It swims for a little while the correct way then it's either facing down with it's tail up or upside down. Should I be worried about this.

View more questions Search