Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvit74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Troubleshooting harley davidson motorcycles
    I have a 2003 fatboy carb... after start up hot or cold sometimes the engine runs rough and sputters on acce has k&n air filter crane cam power commander and non harley exhaust.. have replaced plugs plug wires o-hauled carb all with harley parts seems like its flooding... when issue occures I turn petcock off and idle mellows out... changed fuel tank when purchased to have custom paint job and tank used is from fuel inj... but that was 2 years ago and this has been happeneing for about 4 months... I also found the pos.battery cable loose and it seemed when tightened that help... might have been coincedence
    zoomer8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 04:53 PM
    I have a 98 road king, it keeps blowing igition fuses. I've checked wiring and fixed every wire that even started to look bad, put new coil on new push buttons and wires in handle bars. It will start up run fine and you go to pull away and it will blow the fuse, or it will be running fine down the road for awhile then back fire once and at the next stop sign shifting down into 1st gear it will blow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free harley davidson troubleshooting [ 49 Answers ]

All electrical works but hit stater switch then nothing

Troubleshooting harley davidson motorcycles [ 2 Answers ]

I have '57 panhead, just replaced plugs and points. Fires first kick then starts backfiring and running rough, won't idle. Previously would start, run a minute then die, souds like running out of gas. Float may have been stuck (linkert carb, what else?).

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

2001 FXDWG-left turn signal flashes at normal speed, then flashes rapidly. Both the front and rear signals flash together, so I know it is not a burned out bulb. The right signals flash normally.

Troubleshooting on harley davidson motorcycle [ 4 Answers ]

Does a 1975 Harley Davidson motorcyle need to have lead added to unleaded gasoline to run correctly?

Harley Davidson [ 3 Answers ]

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.' Arthur...

View more questions Search