Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbarton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 09:21 PM
    After 2 years can husband get alimony or emotional alimony?
    From day one I supported my husband who was a personal trainer with his ex. He lost clients because they went to his ex. We moved to San Diego and I continued to support up to 3 months ago (he moved out.. after getting two jobs) NEVER gave me a scent unless I begged :{...
    He states that he wants alimony... also, he had me arrested twice in San Diego. He tried a third time but the police in San Clemente said "this isnt San Diego"... I could get into a lot of trouble if I were arrested again... he continued to lie to police knowing this. He says he is going to sue me for alimony and abuse! LOL
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 30, 2010, 07:46 AM

You need to file for divorce right away. Let the courts settle all this. As far as alimony its not something that would last anyway because its only been 2 years so if any is awarded it will be over with very soon. What were you arrested for?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2010, 07:48 AM

It is possible he could get some alimony, that would be fought out in divorce court. You get arrested normally if there is evidence of a crime, and arrested is not convicted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my x get alimony? [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my home and car. I have nothing and have not been able to find work. My exwife is sueing me for $750 / mo alimony. I can't even afford an attorney. Can she get this?

How to get alimony on cheated husband by laws. [ 5 Answers ]

How to get alimony from a husband who cheated on me for many time? And in what condition? I need to know in law.

Alimony [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Advice, I divorced and live in California, due to the high cost of living, I am contemplating to move back home in Texas. Can my ex-husband ask the court for the amount of alimony awarded be adjusted? Since then, I have also earned my Bachelor’s in Science in education but, is still not...

Do I still get alimony if husband takes custody of children after the divorce [ 3 Answers ]

When I got divorced we both got joint custody of children and I got child support and alimony awarded to me for 3 and a half years after,my ex took me back to court and gained custody of children should he still be paying me alimony?

Alimony [ 2 Answers ]

HEllo, I am having a problem with my alimony. See I pay on a regular; but now I have a new woman in my life and she is pregnet. I was wondering is there any way to lower my alimony payments or to stop them in any way? I have two step kids as well and I am trying to remarry, so I would like to...

View more questions Search