Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 08:35 PM
    Beef jerky
    I have a dehydrator that I have made jerky with many times. The top has a grate or you can turn it and it has big holes.

I need to leave the jerky in over night. I have 7 layers (trays)

I'm thinking if I close it up (it doesn't close completely) there will be more heat and dry out quicker.

If it is as open as possible, I could probably get up in the morning and everything will be OK (as in slower cooking)

Do I have this right?
    meyowgee Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2010, 08:48 PM

I've made five trays in the past and it took about 4 hours. I found that is I rotate the trays moving the bottom to the top every hour then the jerky drys better and it is all ready at the same time. I also spray a little pam on the trays so that nothing sticks and is easier to clean. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'Jerky' sound & performance. Is this a new virus? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, my laptop is exhibiting strange faults over the past couple of days, and I've just learnt that a friend's having exactly the same problem. They're both completely different laptops (different makes & models, different broadband ISP's, his is XP home and mine is MCE). Both have 512Mb ram...

Best recipe for deer jerky [ 7 Answers ]

Just wanting to know what the best recipe for deer jerky is

Jerky DVD Playback [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been using Nero Vision Express to burn all my DVD’s. I find that when I play the DVD back it is slightly jerky. The original files that I am burning from are perfectly smooth so why does this happen when I put them on to DVD? Is it something to do with the encoding stage? ...

View more questions Search