Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 29, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Vaginal Bleeding during Intercourse
    I am wondering if there is any information that may help.

A friend of mine, age 50, had a partial hysterectomy a year ago this past April. She is a divorced mother of two girls, and recently her boyfriend has moved in.

She has experienced painful sex, having not had sex for a long while, and she is also experiencing some menopausal symptoms.

They used a lubricant, the kind that he feels heat, and she feels cool, and she felt no discomfort at all, except for the bleeding afterward. It was bright red, and stopped almost immediately. She said it scared her because there was a lot of blood.

Could this be related to menopause? Is this something unusual that she should see her Doctor about?

Thanks for any direction and insight.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 05:25 AM

Do you know what she had the partial hysterectomy for? Could be related to that... for example endometriosis could be a cause for the bleeding... or polyps. Might be just her body adjusting to having sex again, and perhaps age related, even with the lubricant.

If it is a one off, I wouldn't worry, if it happens each time she should consider having things checked out.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 30, 2010, 06:26 AM
    Thanks for reponding, I'm worried about her.

The hysterectomy was because of heavy bleeding over a long period, very extended periods, and she was getting very tired and weak.

I'm thinking age related as well, maybe thinning of the vaginal walls. I think it's happened more than once but I'm not sure.

But I'll pass this information on when I see her this morning. I'm glad she is getting checked out tomorrow.

Thaks for the info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal pain and burning urination AFTER intercourse [ 13 Answers ]

I just had sexual intercourse with this guy I've been sleeping with on and off for 7 months... its been a month since the last time so its been a while; but anyway right after we were finished my vagina swells up a little and it hurts for me to walk and sit down. Oh you and not to mention, it...

Vaginal Bleeding After Intercourse, H3LP! [ 12 Answers ]

Hello :) thanks for reading.. I have been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now, we are both virgins and we have decided that we are both equally ready for sex.. We have had sex about 5 times now in general. The first five times were great, there wasn't much pain going on.. it kind of hurt...

Bleeding after intercourse [ 1 Answers ]

OK.. so here's the situation lately after intercourse I have been bleeding. The first time it seemed like a lot, and has actually been spotting for a few days. I am on birth control pills and take them regularly. I know my husband and I are both clean. Can you spot up to a few days because of deep...

View more questions Search