Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natrlady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
    How to conceal neighbors mess behind my 6' chain link fence.
    I have a swimming pool in my back yard which has a 6' chain link fence surrounding it. My problem is that my neighbor"s yard is a mess. Their property sits higher than my property and all I look at is their war zone of a yard. They also have a big dog that puts its paws on top of the fence and barks at me. Is there any way that I can put a topper on the fence to detract my eye away from their mess? I can handle the dog, I spray her with water, but the mess is really awful to look at. Any suggestions? The part I would like to disguise is about 35' long. There is cement poured all the way (about 2ft) from the pool to the fence so I can't plant anything.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 04:59 PM

Have you investigated bamboo fencing? It's relatively cheap and would certainly block out the mess from next door.

May 29, 2010, 05:05 PM

I have put bamboo on the fence, the problem is that it is also only 6ft. High and their property sits higher than mine so I can still see everything.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 05:06 PM

Check the local laws concerning heights of fencing. Then contact a reputable fence company for inexpensive extensions. There are ways of putting up some type of lattice work independent of the fence, and planting fast growing vine-type plants. You need some good ol' Southern Kudzu. Come on down and get yourself a truck load.

May 29, 2010, 05:13 PM

Hey, thanks! I will certainly check the extensions out. I do like my neighbor and love animals so I don't want to cause any problems. Ok, I'll take a load of Kudzu whatever that is! You are right about "life". Thanks again...
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by natrlady View Post
    Hey, thanks! I will certainly check the extensions out. I do like my neighbor and love animals so I don't want to cause any problems. Ok, I'll take a load of Kudzu whatever that is! You are right about "life". Thanks again....
    You don't want Kudzu, look it up. It was brought here years ago for railroad right-of-way erosion control. Then they thought cows would eat it, not quite. It grows about 12" a day. It is very hard to kill once it takes root. The root bulb is deep, up to 20' down.

Find something that you can live with looking at.

You know what they say "Fences make the best neighbors".

Good luck with your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing a chain link fence [ 12 Answers ]

We are getting ready for a new fence and have decided to remove our old chain link fence ourselves to save the $400 that the fence companies charge for this chore. The only problem is that I have no idea how to do it. Anyone have any good advice?

Steps to remove a chain link fence [ 3 Answers ]

What steps do I need to take to remove a chain link fence? There's only one side left. Do I cut the wires between the posts? There are vines and briars and trees growing through the fence? Thanks!

Chain Link Fence Gate [ 3 Answers ]

We need to build some sort of gate to keep our dogs in. The best idea was a swinging chainlink gate on a wheel. The space we are gating , we need to access ir for cars as well. We had a estimate from a contracto and it was outrageous. I saw some 100 feet of used chainlink with a few posts for $75....

Remove a chain link fence [ 4 Answers ]

We are removing a chain link fence. Should we leave the concrete in the ground? If no, how do we get it out?

View more questions Search