Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebukannaka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Can f1 student change his status to permanent resident in usa
    Am an F1 student,sponsored by my father when I was applying to study in USA.After that three months of entry USA I lost my father by food poison.My uncle that I have in USA,married to my sister and he promised to sponsor me after paying the first tuition he said its too much for him and the family so he decided to file for permanent resident for me so that I will start paying school tuition by myself because am now his dependent.Is it possible?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 30, 2010, 07:55 AM

He is not your parent... no, but your sister maybe. When she becomes US citizen, she can file for you but it takes more than 10 years and you should not wait for the visa in US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does getting a divorce affect my Permanent Resident Status? [ 4 Answers ]

I came as dependent to my wife in Canada. Now we are planning divorce. After I divorce here, does that change my status as a permanent resident? Do I have to apply again for myself to come back to Canada, if I will travel for a short vacation?

I am a temporary permanent resident of USA [ 7 Answers ]

I am a temporary permanent resident of USA,I am married of a american,In 2006 I had a DUI wich has been a 6 mounths probation but I done with this,now In October of 2007 I had been plea voluntary guilty of a propery traspasing and a battery with a 12 mounths of provation for each count,and a fine...

L1/J1- Permanent Resident Tax status [ 1 Answers ]

At the start of 2005 I was single and employed on an L1, my Fiancée then received a J1 and started work in mid-Jan as a Post-Dpoctral research scientist. We got married on June 25th and my Permenent Resisdent Visa was issued in late August through the US embassy in London. My wife received her...

View more questions Search