Ask
    marcy2much Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Could I become a paralegal with an aggravated assault 12 years ago
    Could I become a paralegal with an aggravated assault from 12 years ago
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 03:49 PM

Marcy, that is a really great career to go for. I don't think the charge will effect your chances of taking a course and being hired by a law firm. You won't be trying cases, you will assisting with research on cases.

Tick
    marcy2much Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 04:03 PM

Thank you for answering my question: at a loss right now because I was at my dead end job and got sent home early because business was slow and all I think is how can I maintain my home, car, etc on the wages I am getting but I do realize that having the felony makes getting a good job next to impossible. I have been told that there is no other options for me with the record I have so I am ashamed to admit this but one have given up!! By the way this is a good idea whoever came up with it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 01:13 PM

You can be a paralegal but you cannot be a notary public due to the felony conviction. A lot of law offices like notaries working for them. You may have a problem if you decide to work for a smaller firm versus a larger firm that would have their own notaries available. Something else to think about.

You may want to look into having the felony expunged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My first love x 20 years ago- broke my heart - tortured dreams - called me 1 week ago [ 18 Answers ]

Ok, really confused here and I am not sure why it even effects me still so badly (annoyed with that fact actually) To understand I have to tell a little story: 1. I was a kid in high school, from a small town with a crappy childhood and I fell hard for a guy that absolutely broke my heart...

Minor assault charge ovr 2 years old [ 2 Answers ]

Minor assault charge over 2 years old which I received a fine how will it afect work permit for canada??

Ex in jail for 32 years for aggravated assult. [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping someone may have a good idea for me, I am at a loss. This crime occurred in Brownsville, Texas by the way. Back in 2005 my ex husband was making his way home from a bar. He was intoxicated and broke into someone's home. According to the newpaper article he attempted to fondle the woman...

Aggravated Assault Club Fuze Austin TX towards a UT student [ 3 Answers ]

If someone is assaulted at a club venue, can the owners be held responsible for weapons getting through security? Did security have the right to protect the public by keeping the assailant in custody? Can the club be responsible for damages of property and injury to the victims?

Statistics on Junvinile Aggravated Assault in Richmond, California [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for statistical information regarding juvinile committing aggravated assault in Richmond, California or Oakland California

View more questions Search