Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

May 29, 2010, 07:46 AM
    Ovarian cyst surgery
    I recently-may 12- had surgery for endometrosis. They did a laser pelviscopy and also a hydrotubation. Also after my surgery the doc told my boyfriend he removed a very large ovarian cyst from my left ovary. He did not tell us how big that it is now gone. I do know my left falliopian tube is no good but my right side is fine. The doc thinks we may be able to have kids after all. My question is this since my surgery I have lost about six lbs is this common after a big cyst is removed? I am also eating less just not as hungry-i am not concerned I am 5"4 right after my surgery I weighed 218 today I weigh 212. I think I am supposed to be between 120-135. But I am not exercising yet and just wanted to make sure a weight loss this quick after surgery was normal? Thanks.:D
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 03:25 PM

It really can depend on the size of the cyst. I know a woman who had a very large cyst removed and she dropped a tremendous amount of weight afterwards.

Certainly check with your doctor about the actual size of the cyst that was removed and find out if this would be the cause for your weight loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septated ovarian cyst [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a cyst on my left ovary is about 6 cm now I have been bleeding for the last 3 months without stoping,lots of pain on my left thigh breast bottom, everyday is painful even when I sleep and I have to change side o sleep on my back, whe I sit , walk ,sexual intercourse. Seen doctor they want...

Pain from ovarian cyst after cyst is gone [ 1 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter had an ovarian cyst about 4 months ago (6cm in size). She was put on birth control and the cyst went away after about 2 months, but she has pain in her abdomen almost every day. It gets worse when she is working out or playing sports. She has been given pain medicine but...

Ovarian Cyst [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has an ovarian cyst, is it cancerous?

Septated Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bleeding since March 28 - at times VERY heavy, and have sharp pain on my left side. An ultrasound indicated a septated ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I spoke with the surgeon at my GYN office and he indicated a hysterectomy would be indicated (I cannot take BCP due to other medical...

Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was just diagonosed with an ovarian cyst...and the doctor said that it has already ruptured...does anyone know if this could cause a problem getting pregnant?:confused: ..or if this is something I should be really worried about?:( ..One doctor told me that after it ruptured the pain should...

View more questions Search