Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2010, 04:32 PM
    Beef collagen casing
    So I bought this fully cooked turkey keilbasa. And the ingredients say the casing is beef collagen. I took the casing off and threw it away because, well, it beef collagen sounds gross to eat. But I'm curious, is it edible? If my recipe comes out as yummy as I hope tonight, I'll be sharing it at work and I need to know if I need to make sure everyone else knows if it has to come off or not.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 04:34 PM

Yes, it's edible - in fact you can buy collagen casing sticks as a snack food.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2010, 04:36 PM

Good to know. I still think it sounds gross. It must taste better than it sounds. Maybe next time I'll leave the casing on and find out. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can collagen treatments be used for making lips pink? [ 11 Answers ]

I bought this lip mask called crystal collagen and want to know if it will make my dark lips more pink and less chapped.

Moen cartridge casing stuck [ 3 Answers ]

I have a moen single handle shower faucet that I am replacing the cartridge. I attached the cartridge puller with the screw, and the inner valve came right out. The cartridge casing is still inside. Any idea on how to get the casing out without having to tear an entire wall down? Jon

Collagen powder vs collagen tablets [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference taking collagen powder vs collagen tablets? Joanie

Collagen Powder [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any problems you know of for taking Collagen powder twice a day ?

Washing machine outer casing [ 1 Answers ]

My washing machine doesn't do anything after it filled. I have a feeling it is a lid switch problem. But, I can't figure out how to get the outer casing of the washer off so I can get to the switch. How do I do that? :confused:

View more questions Search