Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    degwcp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Can a law firm collect on a judgement if I am already paying on another judgement
    I have a judgement with Citibank that I am curently making payments on. Capital One just obtained a judgement against me. I have a wage hearing with the judge in a few weeks. Can Capital one collect on this judgement since I am already paying on one already?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 08:46 AM

Yes, if you are voluntarily paying off a Judgment and a second Judgment is obtained, it can be collected by any means which are legal in your State.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attempt to Collect Debt - Law Firm [ 6 Answers ]

I received a letter from a law firm who says they represent Capital One. This is the first letter I have received from anyone after Capital One sent me the bill and said they were turning it over to a collection firm. This letter gave me 30 days to dispute deby etc. and wants me to contact their...

Collect a Judgement? [ 3 Answers ]

Won my case in small claims against a restaurant for a thousand dollars. How can I collect it? They obviously run a cash business I know they pay employees with checks? Can I have their equipment seized? Cash from register by sheriff? What can I do and how?Please help I was working for them and...

Won judgement, need to collect in NY [ 5 Answers ]

I won a judgement for $1,000. I know the debtors home address, I know where she works and I know what bank she uses. She is currently trying to buy the house she is living in, it is under contract. I think I have some leverage with her in the process of home buying, and I know she will not want...

View more questions Search