Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tinku_123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 01:25 AM
    Invention
    Who discovered :

1.Jeep 2.Cell Phone 3.Ball Pen 4.Wrist watch 5.Fan(Machine)

6.Calculator 7.Aeroplane 8.Helicopter 9.Printer 10.Motorcycle

11.Telephone
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 04:53 AM

http://www.google.com/
    Contributors to Flight:
    http://invention.psychology.msstate....ors/index.html
    Personally, It is hard to say who actually invented many things, Inventors are cheated regularly.
    I have studied Flight/Early flight for many years.
    Chanute, Whitehead, The Lillienthals, and others contributed greatly. Wright Brothers used a book written by Otto Lillienthal, "Bird Flight", Very Informative book on Flight, and Gliding.
    I feel Bell gave Curtiss the insight on ailerons, and on a side note The "Step" on Seaplanes and later Speed boats, to break the suction from the water was the idea of Curtiss.
    Curtiss and the Wrights fought in Court for years(lawyers and Money would determine), Wilbur would pass on and eventually Orville and Glenn formed The Curtiss Wright Aircraft.
    Langly who thought, once an Aircraft was in the air it could fly indefinitely, being pushed by the air and had Major Financial Backing, would try to take credit.
    Instead of being referred to as the Wright Brothers, It maybe should say , The Wright Family, as their sister provided much of their financing to accomplish flight.
    In 2003, Fellow EAA'ers tried to fly a replica of the Wright Flier and failed. I believe 2 picked for the flight, one a Fighter Pilot and the other a commercial pilot may have been a bad choice as they are used to Hydraulics carrying most of the load. I would have picked a Test Pilot Like Rutan.
    To be fair, He had one chance, where the Wrights, slowly learned the feel and control of the craft over time, and since the craft was so different from conventional Modern Flying Machines, He was at a disadvantage. No mater what, it didn't fly 100 years later.
    Good Luck on your homework.
    Please don't ask about the Telephone. Take Care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invention of radio [ 1 Answers ]

Today is the 100th anniversay of the first intercontinental radio transmission, from America to England. Is there a good period drama movie about the events leading up to this momentous event?

Invention drawing! [ 3 Answers ]

I have an idea but I can't draw. I need a person who can sketch my concept on paper. My only problem is that I need to protect my invention from potential theft, I need advise please email me. Thank you, Philly

I have an invention , but what to do next? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am a new inventor and I have an invention ,it`s a new device for building fire escape , and now I am very puzzled because I don`t know what to do next .Though I work hard to try to promote it ,but so far it still seems hopeless . Is an invention really a nightmare for one...

I have an invention but. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an invention that only an 11 year old can think off. Not even a 10 year old or 12 can think of this. Maybe be even not Eienstein. But how can I make everyone notice my terrific invention

View more questions Search