Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    efranklinjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Direct buy membership cancellation
    A 74 year old couple joined directbuy in columbus which was within 3 miles of their home. A month later without warning the facility closed with no notice other than a sign on the door. The nearest facility is now some 69 miles away. Health issues limit their driving to around town. The priority for this couple was the proximity. They want a refund of all monies in that they should have been told prior to their signing they should have been made aware of the possibility of the facility closing. It is difficult to believe that no one was aware of the pending closure of the facility. Had this couple been told it is obvious they would not have joined. They feel they were taken advantage of and therefore want a refund of all monies paid in thus far, $1900 plus 3 payments of $136.00.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 27, 2010, 12:02 AM
    Have they written to direct buy and made their dissatisfaction known?
    That would be the first thing to do.
    ortizaviles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 10:47 AM

Iam from Orlando, FL, and I was one of the many that paid for that useless membership. That same day, when I arrived home, I started reading all the reviews and noticed that Direct Buy was not for me. It was a Sunday, the are closed on Monday. So, on Tuesday I went to Direct Buy with a letter telling them that I want to cancel my membership and they said that it was fine ( I sent another one by certified mail also)

Of course, the contract said that you were able to cancel the membership within the next three business days (Mondays counts as a business days even though they are closed). They refunded the money with in 15 business and it was supposed to be within 10; but that fine, at least I have at my side.

I believe that if your contract says that it can be canceled, I don't think that you will have any problems since they have to follow what the contract says. But if it doesn't say anything, you have to check the state law and see if the law says something about membership cancelations.
    DirectBuySUCKS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 12:35 AM
    I just saw a commercial for a DirectBuy $50,000 home makeover contest. Just so you know, the winner of the contest is getting a home makeover paid for with $5,000 of my family's hard earned money. I hope you enjoy your home make over while my family goes hungry because DirectBuy ripped me off!!

DO *NOT* JOIN DIRECTBUY IN COLUMBUS!! This place is such a total scam!

We went to their location in Worthington and didn't join because of their HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS!! They said we could only join then or NEVER. We didn't join and decided to test their "one time only" tactics and went to their other location in Hilliard and joined a year later only to have them shut down without any notice in 2009 and run off with our $5,000 membership! We then shopped at their other location by the airport only to have it shut down in 2010 without any notice. This place is just ripping you off your $5,000 membership. It's a pyramid scheme at its finest!! They lied about the join "now or never policy" and then they ran off with my money. RUN!! DO NOT JOIN DIRECT BUY IN COLUMBUS!! I have no doubt they will try to open again in Columbus sometime soon. It's all about the greed of getting other people to join and then running off with their money. I did some research. Just Google what happened to DirectBuy in California to see that what I'm saying is true. They don't do what they promise and if you become a member then you are throwing your money away!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Direct Buy [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone ever used Direct Buy and is the membership cost worth it?

Direct buy [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone out there a member to direct buy?:)

Direct buy furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Hi,I am looking to buy a furnce.Where can I buy a furnace directly from the manufacturer.Thanks

Direct Buy Stores [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone bought furniture from Direct Buy? Were you satisified?

Direct Buy [ 1 Answers ]

I REALLY am glad I found this site... I am currently trying to get as much info on Direct Buy as I can because I had an interview with the company and the guy said he was wanting me to come back for an interview with the owners. I guess my question is (since this is related I did not want to...

View more questions Search