Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christine16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 10:41 AM
    how do i get off probation
    I'm 28 years old and I got a dwi when I was 25. I also left the scene of an accident (fender bender- taken care of). So I went to court and got sentenced 2 years probation (private) and 3 weeks of jail. Thought I got off easy until I was about to leave jail and they re-booked me for my leaving the scene charge, which is the reason I went to jail in the first place, even though there wasn't a ticket or charge handed to me at the beginning. I spoke honestly to that first judge, and he sent me to jail BECAUSE I left the scene. So after being thrown back in jail, I got out with the help of a lawyer, got put on 5 years STATE probation (til 2009) on top of my 2 years private probation. I completed all of my classes and paid all my fines within that first month. I was desperate for money and a new life, so I started working as a server/ bartender in another state(2 minutes over the bridge, for crying out loud) got ratted out 1 1/2 yr later (=2 violations), had 6 surprise drug tests throughout these 3 long years, INCLUDING a hair test, passed all of them with flying colors. Do you thing I could still get off probation early as long as I have completed 1/2 my probation sentence? This is seriously ruining my life, I am not allowed to TOUCH alcohol. I never drink , I never have much, and they're treating me like I am a raging alcoholic and criminal. Please help me!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 8, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Christine, you are asking the wrong source - at best anyone here will guess based only on what little you presented. Who would have a much better idea is your probabtion officer or your attorney, seeing how familiar they are with all the details. Something tells me you've asked them already and didn't much like those answers, no? Because you broke the law, they get to treat you how the law allows and its really that simple. You've already done a considerable amount to ruin your life and so its time to start playing by the rules. You'll find life so much easer if you do. Good luck.
    purry1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 11:49 PM
    Everyone here blurts out Attorney,attorney,attorney~do you think these people would be asking for advice from random net people if they could afford one?could you just help them out? Must not be that busy if your sitting on here~
    screamingdeafdo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
    The long and short of it is that it all depends on your probation officer. When a cop tackled me for a noise complaint, I punched him. Battery to an officer charge with a 5 year stayed sentence. That was in 1998. One year later I had an argument with my wife and when her parents called the police (they lived across the street) I was charged with a misdemeanor disorderly conduct and revoked. Went to prison for 18 months. Completed my felony probation but then was told that I had another 2 years of probation for the disorderly. One week before that would have been complete I got a DUI. My probation officer revoked me on the day I was supposed to discharge. Went back to prison for 24 months. Came out and had to start the probation process all over again. Today was my last appointment after 14 years of the most detrimental experience of my life. When I showed up, they told me that I had a new probation officer. I've been through 4 of them. She didn't have time to see me but I was told she would call if she had any questions. What questions? I handed in the report form and left. As far as I know that's the end of the story. Sorry for your situation. I wish I could give you some encouragement, but all I can say is try not to think about it and don't give them any reason to revoke you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

What are the requirements to transfer probation to another state?

Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I was ordered by the judge to a probation period of 24 months starting on December 3 of 2004. Will I be automatically terminated on December 3 of 2006?

Probation [ 8 Answers ]

What do you think would happen to me I am a probation violater I left cali and moved to Alaska while on probation and that was 3 years ago now I think they found me but I have a family and don't want to go back to jail and I want my probation switched to over here

Probation [ 5 Answers ]

Can probation be imposed for a nonincarcerable offense?

View more questions Search