Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Malathion question
    Not sure if I should post this here or in dogs.

I am extremely allergic to black fly and misquito bites. They cause me to have huge welts and hot patches at the bite site and then extreme joint pain if bit near a joint. My husband read that Malathion is extremely effective with getting rid of such critters and would like to spray around our deck so that I can again join him outside. I have looked at the labeling for Ortho's Malathion spray but have not seen anything regarding how long I should keep my pets off the grass after spraying. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your help
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 01:02 PM

"If possible, keep your pet inside during the spraying and for about 30 minutes afterwards to help minimize exposure. The amount of pesticide that a pet is likely to track into the house will depend on many of the same factors that were discussed in the previous question."
    Information Sheet: Malathion and Mosquito Control
    ------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like my daughter, she too gets huge welts from mosquito bites, she has to have anti bite lotion on most of her outdoor time (and sometimes indoor times).

Hope the bugs stay away so you can enjoy the outdoors with hubby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

To submit a question, where is the Question Template to be found? [ 5 Answers ]

When I attempt to print a hard copy from mail received, via my INBOX. The following error template appears... Internet Explorer Script Error Line : 2021 Char : 1 Error : Unspecified Code : 0 URL : ...

I have a question... [ 13 Answers ]

I don't mean this superficially at all because I by no means judge on looks, but I have a question... why do some men cheat down or go out with a girl who is looks wise less than his last girlfriend? By that I mean with a girl who is not as good looking as his ex or his current girlfriend if he is...

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search