Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjcarey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 03:08 AM
    Company is real? GOSTEK Transportation Network, LLC
    Trying to find out if this is a real company..
    Besides the company website (gostek.com), I can't find out anything. They say, they are a European LLC operating at EU and Asia market for almost ten years now. Headquartered in Stockholm
    bjedd07043 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcarey View Post
    Trying to find out if this is a real company..
    Besides the company website (gostek.com), I can't find out anything. They say, they are a European LLC operating at EU and Asia market for almost ten years now. Headquartered in Stockholm
    I have been contacted by them to train for a project supervisor position. They outlined a training period with daily lessons and a test on Fridays for 4 weeks. I have 2 contacts, Kathy Wilson from HR and Clifford G. Graham, my 'training mentor'. Their office address on Park Avenue in NYC does have one of those full service office suites on the 9th floor but does not have Gostek listed as a renter. I'm thinking this is an elaborate hoax to obtain my SS# when it is time for them to send me a check for training. The information they asked for in their 'job application' is nothing more than what is already on my resume posted on hundreds of job sites, but come paytime is when the rubber hits the road. There is nothing on Gostek Transportation Network LLC anywhere. The phone numbers do have an answering machine with the Gostek message and both Kathy and Clifford send and answer emails. I'm thinking this is a scam.

May 26, 2010, 07:07 AM

I have been contacted by them to train for a project supervisor position. They outlined a training period with daily lessons and a test on Fridays for 4 weeks. I have 2 contacts, Kathy Wilson from HR and Clifford G. Graham, my 'training mentor'. Their office address on Park Avenue in NYC does have one of those full service office suites on the 9th floor but does not have Gostek listed as a renter. I'm thinking this is an elaborate hoax to obtain my SS# when it is time for them to send me a check for training. The information they asked for in their 'job application' is nothing more than what is already on my resume posted on hundreds of job sites, but come paytime is when the rubber hits the road. There is nothing on Gostek Transportation Network LLC anywhere. The phone numbers do have an answering machine with the Gostek message and both Kathy and Clifford send and answer emails. I'm thinking this is a scam.
    leonbarnett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 03:30 PM

Have you found any further information. I was contacted for the same position and am feeling the same way you are regarding the legitimacy of Gostek.
    leonbarnett Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 03:32 PM

If it is a hoax it is indeed very elaborate.
    JORKIN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 08:29 AM
    I have also been "selected" to be a project supervisor. I have taken a few of their courses & now they want to know if I wish participate in some part-time special project to acquire equipment for new office space. I am having mixed feelings on how they conduct business operations. Are you feeling this as well.

It is indeed a very eloborate hoax, if it is one.

Jul 12, 2010, 11:38 AM
    I can honestly tell everyone this is a hoax. I arranged to meet with my 'mentor', who had a very british name but a very russian accent, at their Park Avenue address in NYC. At that address, nobody on any floor knew the name Gostek or 'Clifford Graham'. I sent Clifford an email saying 'Nice office' when he obviously didn't show up, and I haven't heard from them since.

Jul 12, 2010, 11:38 AM
    I can honestly tell everyone this is a hoax. I arranged to meet with my 'mentor', who had a very british name but a very russian accent, at their Park Avenue address in NYC. At that address, nobody on any floor knew the name Gostek or 'Clifford Graham'. I sent Clifford an email saying 'Nice office' when he obviously didn't show up, and I haven't heard from them since.
    Kenn321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 08:31 AM
    I have completed the training and not heard back from them either. And my payment for the training never came. What type of scheme is this? Let's keep each other posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manage a transportation company [ 1 Answers ]

How to manage a transportation company

Regarding the Head count of LLC company [ 1 Answers ]

I am the owner of LLC. I wok full time for this company. But I have 9 other employees who are working as parttime, on average they are working for around 15 hous per week. I do run payroll for them. My question is as follows: I am planning to start sponsoring H1 B visa to foeign nationals. So...

Collecting judgement from company, LLC [ 1 Answers ]

I won my case against the courier company I had contract with, and was awarded $7500. They did not pay any money judgement to me. What are the ways I can collect any money? Can I ask court to order a third party (pharmacy subcontracting courier company) to pay the debt directly to me, kind of...

View more questions Search