Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papili Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

May 24, 2010, 11:27 PM
    Is it an infection?
    Hi,
    For the last few days I have been itchy around my genitals. I have not noticed any swelling or rash nor is there any foul smell. My boyfriend has confirmed that he does not seem to find anything abnormal. This led me to critically look at my vagina and the only thing I noticed is that the discharge looks like small pellets, white in colour. I have always assumed the dischrge is in mucous state even on the vagina, but I have never looked to confirm that. So the discharge is like small balls on the mouth of the vagina. Is this normal? Is the discharge like small pellets what people refer to as cottage-cheese discharge? If so, is it a yeast infection or something serios?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2010, 11:32 PM
    I would like to say it is a yeast infection, however, without being able to examine/visualise this, I cannot in all honesty say exactly what it is. You will have to visit your doctor for a proper diagnosis.
    papili Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2010, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I would like to say it is a yeast infection, however, without being able to examine/visualise this, I cannot in all honesty say exactly what it is. You will have to visit your doctor for a proper diagnosis.
    Thank you. I'm planning to visit a doctor soonest time possible, but out of curiosity, how does cottege-cheese discharge looks like? That is what is confusing me. I googled it but but still confused. Kindly explain this. Am planning to see a doctor though.

Thank You.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2010, 03:28 AM
    It looks like cottage cheese.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 02:25 PM

I'm no doctor, but sounds like a yeast infection to me.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 02:26 PM

As long as your toilet paper isn't falling apart, then I would also think this is a yeast infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have an infection? [ 4 Answers ]

I got cut pretty bad from sandpaper on my arm... I guess you'd say more like abraded, but it went fairly deep. Not deep enough to need stitches but deep enough to cause considerable bleeding and subsequent scabbing over. This was about a week ago, and now I'm having a strange pain in my arm, it's...

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Infection or not [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone explain to me what this tingling sensation is when I go to the toilet for a wee?I even have it an hour or so after going to the toilet? Is this a common water infection or something else and can it be due to anything as me and my partner are trying for a baby?

Possible infection [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed a whitehead of pus on one of my dog's nipples. Could it be serious?

Infection [ 3 Answers ]

If your Tongue ring gets infected, Can you die from it? OMG please tell me NO lol... I still want a tongue ring and I don't know how to tell my mom why i want one! i mean hello it is HOT hehe! help me out thanks!:p

View more questions Search