Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

May 24, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Honda Riding Mower Ignition
    A friend of mine asked me tonight whether it was possible to adapt the "universal" starter switch he bought to an old Honda mower. He gave them the switch he took out of the unit and the new one he bought, which is by MTC LLC, Cleveland, OH (both are five-connector switches). I couldn't find anything useful quickly on that site, so thought I'd ask here. The unit he bought is catalog # 798-00329, and also lists an OEM #725-0267A. Can this be compatible with the Honda ignition switch? He's not too concerned if he loses some ancillary functionality.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 25, 2010, 04:05 PM

Hi,
    In a word, no. this has an OEM number matching an old MTD number that has seen little use in years.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding mower ignition switch diagrams [ 3 Answers ]

I have a MTD Hechinger mower model 146-834-372 with electrical problems. I have chased out all of the wiring but am not sure of the internal functions of the ignition switch. Any one know of where I can find this information? I cannot find it on the MTD site. The switch is a standard 5 pin with the...

John Deere RX75 Riding Mower Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my John Deere RX75 Riding Mower ignition. Apparently there are 3 switches that need to be set in order to start the mower: 1: a seat switch (they want you in the seat) 2: the mower deck disengaged (PTO lever) 3: shift lever in neutral position It is possible...

Riding mower ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I lost the key to my riding mower.since I have used screwdrivers and completely striped the ignition. Is there a way around this to start it with the ignition in the off position?

Murray riding Mower, Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

Will start and run fine, but won't shut off with key. I'm checking grounds but have found nothing out of order so far. My next guess would be a faulty ignition switch. Its and older model, 12.5 HP. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

View more questions Search