Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsflyrod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Why do my lighted rocker switches flicker ? I don't know the model # of the switches.
    Why do my lighted rocker switches flicker ? I don't know the model # and they are 3-4 years old. THANKS
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 24, 2010, 02:29 PM

Is it the little light inside that flickers or are you seeing a spark?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 24, 2010, 02:38 PM

Are the lighted switches the type that does not require a neutral, what type of bulbs are you using, incandescent or CFL?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 03:58 PM

I'll bet the lamps are neon which normally has an orange glow unless modified by a lens. It's a sign that they need to be replaced. No harm to operate as it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find safety switches on MTD riding mower Model 13AR698G022 [ 1 Answers ]

Need to find where the safety switches and how many there are, on my mTD mower and how to disable them to find out if one of the them is not letting the mower even turn over.

Wiring spst lighted rocker switches to split duplex receptacles [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for help to wire some 16A spst lighted rocker switches to some split duplex receptacles so that each switch will control one outlet on each receptacle. I am doing this to create a panel which will allow me to turn on/off the equipment for my aquarium. This way I can choose...

Three way switches [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wiring my basement and have two three-way switches in a two gang box. The left switch (S1) and another 3-way control four recessed lights. I want the switch on the right of the box (S2) to control another set of recessed lights. I want to power S2 using jumpers from S1. Is this possible? If...

Three way switches [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to wire three way switches with multiple light between them. I have 12/2 from the panel to the first switch then 12/3 through all the lights. At the last light I switched the common and neutral to supply power to the end switch. From the first switch I can control all lights (5...

Switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lite at the top of the stairs with one switch for it at the top. I want to and a secong switch at the bottom of the stairs. I believe the incoming power it at the switch (top of stairs) How do I add a second swich to control lite?

View more questions Search