Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BelindaSB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
    My son in law has been residing with me for 2 weeks, can I put him out by law?
    My son in law transferred his probation from virginia to my house in Texas. He has been here for 2 and a half weeks and will not find a job. He is not paying any bills and is not on my lease. Can I by law put him out?
    BelindaSB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 11:00 AM

My son in law transferred his probation from virginia to my house in Texas. He is not trying to find a job and has been here for 2 and a half weeks, he is also not on my lease or paing any bills. Can I by law put him out of my house?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2010, 11:03 AM

Touble once he listed your address for probation and you agreed to let him stay, he became a tenant,
    1. was there a written or a verbal agreement as to rules, rent and so on ?
    2. have you given him written notice he is in violation of the rules of his rental agreement with you

And in the end you will have to evict him, give him notice and if he does not move, go though the housing court to evict him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son in law problems [ 53 Answers ]

Hello out there, I have seen a lot of comments on problematic daughters in law but none on sons in law. The problems I have with my son in law are almost the same as many mothers in law Have with their daughers in law. Before my daughter became a mother to a lovely three year old boy I did not...

Should I let my Mother-In-Law see my son? [ 11 Answers ]

From the day I had my son, I feel that my mother-in-law is trying to mother my son. She hated that I breastfed! When I came home from the hospital I would pump a little extra milk so that either she or my boyfriend could feed it to him (they helped after because I had a c-section). But what she...

Son in law [ 2 Answers ]

I've been in my stepdaughters life since she was 6 she is now 32 she got married about 5 years ago to who at first was a great man but after I gave her away he change to a controlling nut but what hurt me I thought he and I were OK then he told me he wanted me as a clolse friend not a father in law...

My son in law has abandoned his family, no food, money,etc. Can Ohio law do anything [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything legally that can be done in the state of Ohio to a man arrested when he disappears leaves with no money, food, heat, car, etc. with wife and two young children.

View more questions Search