Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcc0418 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 08:04 AM
    3 loose screws in dryer drum
    I have a frigidare stackable dryer and the 3 screws in the back of the dryer drum keep working loose. When I tighten them it works great for about a load or two then they start getting loose again and you hear a "thumping". Why won't those screws stay tight? What can be done to get them to stay tight?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 09:36 AM

Are they machine screws which have threads?

What's the approximate diameter or do you know the screw size like #10 etc.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 09:40 AM

You would probably benefit by a threadlocker, like Loctite Green: Loctite Consumer Retail Products | Threadlockers, Locktite 290

If they are machine screws. I always have Locktite 222, a commercial product on hand.

Make sure you buy a product that does not require HEAT to remove.

May 24, 2010, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Are they machine screws which have threads?

What's the aproximate diameter or do you know the screw size like #10 etc.?
    Yes they are machine screws, not sure of the size

May 24, 2010, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    You would probably benifit by a threadlocker, like Loctite Green: Loctite Consumer Retail Products | Threadlockers, Locktite 290

if they are machine screws. I always have Locktite 222, a commercial product on hand.

Make sure you buy a product that does not require HEAT to remove.
    I see where locktite 222 blue works up to 300 degrees. How hot does dryer get

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glasses and the loose screws [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have recently purchases a pair of glasses and I seem to have a situation with the tightening of a screw from my nose clips or buds. I'm trying to tighten my nose buds with the screw however it seems as though it is going 360 non stop it is like as though it isn't tightening, why is this I...

Frigidaire Dryer inside drum screws won't line up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Dryer model #FDE648GHS0 we bought 7 years ago. It is in good condition and runs well. My child got screw happy and unscrewed the ones inside the drum. Something behind dropped down and I can't get it lined up. I also cannot figure how to get inside to fix it and am a little...

Loose Dryer Drum [ 1 Answers ]

My front load dryer is squeeky and the drum is loose, does this mean the bearing is bad And needs replaced ASAP.

Loose drum in an Admiral dryer [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Admiral electric dryer Model number LNC7745A77. The drum appears to be loose and it makes banging noises when on for a while but it later seems to stabilize and run normally. The belt appears to be in good condition and tight but I do notice some banging when I rotate it by hand. One...

Clothes dryer drum screws fell out; How to align to replace? [ 1 Answers ]

I've had this happen years ago with another dryer I had, but this one has been tough. Older model Beaumark clothes dryer. Inside the drum, three screws attach the drum through a round metal plate (with circular "vent" holes) and screw into a small circular piece that rotates the drum. Over...

View more questions Search