Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheeda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Murray lawn tractor
    I have a murray/stanley lawn tractor that has not been used in over an year.

I replaced the batteries and added fuel and managed to start it up. I did also take the safety switch off under the seat since it was corroded. However when I take my foot off the clutch to move it or lower the blades, it shuts off even in high throttle. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2010, 06:27 PM

If you take the plug off the seat switch you have to jump it with a wire,
    cheeda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    if you take the plug off the seat switch you have to jump it with a wire,
    It starts OK, but when I try to move it (or put the mower down) it looses power and then shuts off. Kind of like trying to move a stick shift in top gear.

Any help appreciated!
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 07:12 AM
    However when I take my foot off the clutch to move it or lower the blades, it shuts off even in high throttle. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you take your foot off the pedal its telling the engine no one is on the seat you have to jump the connector.
    The same thing will happen when you engage the blades.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Lawn Tractor Transmission [ 5 Answers ]

How can I check the transmission fluid level in a Murray Select Wide Body LT Lawn Tractor, 21 hp, 46" cut, MFG date 8.21.02. I can find NO help at the Murray website. Thanks, Phillip

My Murray 12.5 hp Lawn Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Model 405004x99, 2 year old Tractor with a Briggs & S. 12.5 hp engine has a very hard time starting. It has a clean air filter; good in-line fuel filter, clean/fresh gas; oil is new and gets spark from the plug. I have had to jump start the battery from a car and (on a different occasion) a...

Murray Ultra Lawn tractor not starting [ 9 Answers ]

I have 15 year old Murray Ultra Lawn Tractor. It has been wonderful. However, now it seems there is something wrong with the starter. It gets fire, but when it tries to turnover it makes a very high pitch "whirring" sound and won't engage. I replaced the spark plug a week or two ago and it has...

Murray Lawn Tractor will not engage the trans [ 1 Answers ]

iI have a Murray lawn tractor that will not endage the transmission. When I release the lever from the push mode to the drive mode it's still in the push mode. It's a model 425620X92A. CC

View more questions Search