Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redskippy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 02:47 AM
    Can cracked / abcessed tooth cause you to feel ill..
    Hey guys, OK, here's my question, I haven't felt great for a few months now, and coincidently, I wonder if it coincides with a tooth that as been playing up on and off for about the same time... quessiness, hot but not with temperature, bad taste in mouth, feeling of being run-down, I have a heavily filled molar, it was playing up to hot and cold... ( not so much now... ), but its sensitive to bite pressure, and tapping on one certain part of tooth, I've been to doctor.. nothing showed in blood tests etc... which leaves me wondering if it is this tooth, I've seeen my dentist about while he wasn't quite sure, he said it was on the better side of things, I've a history of tooths splitting to the root... I wonder if the case again... is there no way to conclusively show this, x-rays he says it appears to be healthy,. but I've been told that before and got in there and it was stuffed... the tooth does not keep me awake at night, but I still wonder if it's the cause of my general feeling of.. well feeling crap, all answers appreciated
    cheers Shane
    redskippy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 02:49 AM

One more thing I forgot, my uvula has been very sensitive.. like to the verge of making me want to gag, I'm aware of it when swallowing... can this also be a bad tooth aggravating or not..?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2010, 05:56 PM
    I would suggest you see another dentist for a second opinion. Be sure you have had a thorough dental cleaning and assessed for periodontal pockets and abscesses. Infections of the mouth can definitely cause you to feel unwell. The root could definitely be cracked which often won't show on an x-ray. Unfortunately, it can only be proven once the tooth is extracted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a cracked tooth [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cracked tooth but it does not hurt much only now and again but I am too scared to tell my parents in case they get cross. What should I do ?and what would the dentist do?

Cracked tooth from burger restaurant [ 11 Answers ]

I was eating a burger from a local fast food restaurant, and bit into a piece of bone, my tooth kind of throbbed all day, woke up that night with pain, can feel it all the way in my ear, went to dentist the next day they did x-rays cannot find the issue, so they want to open up the filling inside...

Cracked Tooth [ 1 Answers ]

Just a while ago I cracked a tooth that had a root canal a year ago. The tooth also had a cavity. I never got it crowned. Now if I go to a dentist. What are some things they can do to fix my tooth with out pulling it? My Dad told me with his cracked tooth they just fill it with this white substance...

Often feel ill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Five weeks a go I left a very stressful job where I was working 70 hours a week and ever since I keep feeling unwell. I don't know if the two are related. I feel ill for a week or so, then OK for a few days, then ill again. When feeling unwell, the symptoms are mild but noticeable. I feel...

Abcessed tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Just spent the weekend with the agony of an abcessed canine tooth. Today, I wouldn't have recognized myself in the mirror. I am on 2 antibiotics, and wonder how long it will be for the swelling to go down, so I can see the dentist.

View more questions Search