Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajneet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Water leaking into house side wall
    Our house has 2 floors. On the first floor, I see wall facing the outside of the house having wet patches. The water seems to be coming from above somewhere, but not from the roof of the house, because there is no such patches anywhere on the 2nd floor. I have already fixed the gutter that I thought was the problem, but today it rained and I see some more freshness in the water patch. Where could the water be coming from?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2010, 02:15 AM

Starting at the level of the water stain inside house, run a hose in that area on outside for about 5 minutes. If possible have someone inside watching stain.

Move up wall about 1 foot and repeat. Keep doing this until wet spot appears.

This will help u localize your problem. Get back to us with info u got from running water on siding and we will be able to help u. Pay particular attention to windows or any other objects going through wall in that area.

What type of siding/house finish?

Are windows closed?

Are windows sealed to siding?

Do u have any exhaust vent caps in area?

Let us know.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator side by side leaking under ice and water dispenser. [ 5 Answers ]

I have the GE side by side about a year old and it has leaked under the water & ice dispenser every since I purchased it. The repairman said to put a paper towel under the lift out tray, but that doesn't help. It leaks down the front of my black refrigerator and looks bad and is impossible to...

Refrigerator water line Leaking - Maytag Performa side-by-side [ 4 Answers ]

Leaking where incoming water splits to two separate lines, one line to freezer and one line to dispenser. It is not the incoming connection that is leaking. There is some type of red and green (solenoid ?) connected to wires and this is where water is leaking from? Any help would be...

GE side by side refrigerator leaking at the right bottom, back near the water hose [ 1 Answers ]

My GE side by side refrig is leaking at the back bottom right side near the water hose pipe that connects to the inside of the refrig from the top side. It stops when the water valve is shut off. Can I know how I can fix this. Also the water dispenser is not working. Not sure if both the problems...

Water leaking at bottom of freezer door on Maytag side by side refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We had water leaking from the bottom of our freezer and took the back panel off and melted the ice that had built up and opened the drain so the water freely ran out. We put the freezer back together and found that now the line going up the door to our water dispenser was leaking. Will this stop...

Water leaking in door of whirlpool side by side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool side by side with water and ice dispensors. The waterline in the bottom of the door has water dripping off it. There are no screws to be found to remove the front panel. Short of busting it how do I remove the front panelt to get to the water line?

View more questions Search