Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itanni1617 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Sore throat and itchy ears and it hurts really hurts been having a cough and mucus
    It started with just a sore throat and the next day it was again sore but now it started to hurt when I swallow, now my ears have been itching and so does my throat and there is pain. On my right ear I really can't hear and my throat is really red and I feel it swollen like if its going to close, and I choke on phlems,I have been getting fevers and chills and body aching , this is my fourth day still sick and the pain has worsened and I have been coughing up the phlems but I noticed them had red like if it were blood.. the only antibiotic I have been taking is amoxicilin and I don't feel any better .
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 23, 2010, 08:45 AM

Yes. Sounds like you have got it bad, especially bloody phlegm. Some doctors have a problem tailoring an antibiotic to suit the patient's needs and often prescribe one that is not strong enough. I would go back to your doctor and tell him the antibiotic is not working. It is important that you get rid of the infection in your body.

Tick
    Reflex55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 01:51 AM

How long has this been going on? You don't say if you have actually been to a doctor. If you can, get him to examine your throat as you may have a slight abrasion (scratch) on the lining
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2010, 11:40 AM

Sounds like strep throat or scarlet fever. Best see a doctor and have a strep test done. They can prescribe the appropriate antibiotic for you. Don't let this go on as strep throat if left untreated can and will cause serious heart problems that are irreversible. Take it easy and don't overdo anything physical until you are fully recovered as you will definitely have a relapse of this condition.
    sallen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 03:14 AM
    It is probably viral. Antibiotics are ineffective in this instance unless there is a secondary infection.Paracetamol,plenty of fluids and rest are the only treatment for you. If your symptoms worsen,see your Doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

INTENSELY itchy throat and ears [ 5 Answers ]

I've read loads of cases of itchy throats and ears in together, but mine is slightly different. Please let me know if you have the same: I get this furious burning of the upper palate and back of the throat where I have to make this "kkkkklllskhkh" grunt or frog ribbit to ease the itch. I also...

My left tonsil hurts and its itchy [ 2 Answers ]

My left tonsil hurts and it feels itchy, it feels weird cause its just the left side, I don't know what it is and how to cure it, can anyone help me?

Terrible Itchy Inner Ears and Throat as Well [ 1 Answers ]

Have itchy inner ears and have been using Q-tips to ease the itching, but it doesn't seem to help. My throat also itches after using Q-tips as well. What can I use? Someone suggested Honey to take. Waiting for an answer. Bicycleman72

Really sore throat , hurts to swollow? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi :) Okay so my throats been bugging me but I was thinking it was just cause of my allergies because my new allergy medicine has not been working properly. So today my glands are swollen actually I think only the right gland is swollen and it's the only side that really hurts, my whole throat in...

My throat hurts, I have a fever,head ache,etc [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I have been sick. I have had a fever,sore throat,stuffy nose,stiff neck and before all this some kind of eye infection. For my throat it only hurts to swallow. Also before I got sick I had this weird squishy semi hard bump can anyone help. It would be greatly apperciated.

View more questions Search