Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caretaker Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 10:14 PM
    Probations violators who had it turn out all right
    On 2 year SIS for DUI and driving while revoked. They gave me a break this time because I am also on a 10-year revocation (one year to go). Did this so I could actually get my license back. Done 18 months of private probation, fulfilled all other conditions, have somebody come get me when she calls me to come in and blow. Anyhoo, got a ticket a couple of days ago for "no valid license", driving four blocks from my shop to my apartment in the podunk village where I live.

The lawyer I am hiring sounded real upbeat about it being a minor violation, etc. etc. wasn't sneaking around on the blacktop, wasn't drinking. Hypo said he pulled me over for tail-light out. Lawyer is pretty sure he can get probation continued. Still.. . Doubts creep in your mind about stuff like this. I have missed a few of my regular monthly probation report dates but I always call her and get together with her. She has never said she was getting hacked at me missing my report date. Think I have a passable relationship with her but needless to say, they know me in this county. Have had my scrapes with the law.

I know what I got to do so this is not really a question but would like to hear from people who had a violation turn out okay.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Hello care:

Ok, I'll give you a little love. Now, now, don't worry. It'll be fine. There, there.

No, really. I'm serious. Well, OK, it's a little thick, but I think you'll be fine. You've done all the stuff you need to do, you have a lawyer, and you have a good relationship with your PO.

However, your violation is going to be heard by a judge, and he may not be so cool. You're lawyer is right, the traffic violation might be minor, but driving, while prohibited by your probation rules, ISN'T!

You may skate this time, dude. But sounds like you're playing it right up to the edge. I'm not saying I wouldn't drive. But if I did, and I was in your shoes, I'd know that driving could cost me some YEARS - not months - YEARS!!

excon

Dec 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
    For one thing, I haven't even been violated yet. It's private probation. She might not violate then the judge will never hear it. I know what the worst case scenario is.

I've got all the love I need, don't need any from you, but thanks anyhow. I didn't graduate from Harvard but I have an education.

Anyhoo, I didn't get on this forum to hear self-righteous, condescending egghead stuff. I'm not going to descend there. I had actually wanted to hear from people who had had things turn out all right. I think I have seen you post on here a few times, didn't you slide on a few violations 'til they got weary of you, or something?

At any rate, do appreciate the response. Next time, I'll hire some cheerleaders.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Private probation, that is a great thing for you, they don't want to violate anyone if they don't have to, if they do , they don't make any money.

They are in the busienss to keep you on probation, you pay a monthly fee on top of anything else ( fines or the such) for their service, so that fee you pay is how they stay in business,

They will go a lot further than a state probation officer to keep you from being violated.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caretaker
    I think I have seen you post on here a few times.
    Hello again:

Few?? You really don't pay attention, do you?

excon

Dec 8, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Yeah, I do. I'm paying attention to you and your attitude. But that's your character defect, not my problem. Guess you've had to build a few walls.

I'm a pretty laid-back individual but I'm kind of testy right now and it's too early in the morning. So, good luck to excon.

Ciao
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 10:52 AM
    What excon is trying to say ( in his own loving way)
    Is that after you have goofed up, now you worrry,

You are not suppose to miss meetings, you are not suppose to be caught breaking the law again, just missing the meetings can have some probation officers violate your probation, esp those in state probation that want every I dotted and every T crossed.

So what can they do, they can do plenty, and he wants you to understand that the only reason you are in that situation is because of your own actions and choices.

And if you did not go to meetings it was becaue you either did not care or take them serious or was just forgetful.

Having a great relationship with your PO, doing what they say, making all of your meetings is the only good way to say on their good side,
    If you are on their good side then getting out of a issue can be easier.

Excon has been there, and when he talks, he is letting you know from the side that PO are not normally there to help you, esp the state probation people, they are there to do job and it does not matter to them if they violate you or not. In the private world of probation it is a busienss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All right, what did I do wrong? [ 23 Answers ]

This woman has been interested in me for a couple of weeks. I've been playing it cool, teasing her hard(Yes that does wonders, thank you Wildcat) and being extremely cocky. I've gone to visit her a couple of times at her work and kept the visits short and then that night or the next day she comes...

Its my turn [ 30 Answers ]

Im not sure I am ready to go posting all of my problems its much more than what I have encountered on this site but I don't want to make a start. Many of the posts I have read are thought provoking, they have lead me to question myself. I don't know what to start explaining and I would feel a...

A/c does not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

a/c has been working fine until yesterday afternoon, turned it on and nothing happened, no fan and no outside compressor. I put in a new tstat and still nothing. I left it in the auto a/c position and went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night the unit came on and was working fine when we...

Don't know where to turn [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and Happy Holidays, It's all about the money, my wife and I are trying to sell our house so that we can move. We both have jobs waiting for us in a different state. The problem is that we found out that there is a lien against the house due to her ex-husband. He went bankrupt on a car...

My PC on not turn off,I need help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop. My PC don't turm off or restart... I don't know why But it just don't. I don't know what to do... please Can anyone help me?. please I need help!!

View more questions Search