Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

May 23, 2010, 04:01 AM
    The Miracle Worker (1962) & (1979)
    Hi all,

In 1962 Patty Duke made her cinema acting debut alongside Anne Bancroft as Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker. Both Patty & Anne won Oscars for their roles. Anne Bancroft played the Role of Annie Sullivan.

In 1979 Patty Duke starred in a remake of the film, but this time played the part that Anne Bancroft played in the '62 version, whereas in the '62 version she played the little girl Helen Keller.

The '79 version, together with another made on 2000 were made for TV.

I have searched to try to find whether the '79 version has been released on DVD but can find no reference to it.

Can anyone help please?

I believe the 2000 version came from the disney studios and is available on DVD, albeit it only appears as a Region One release.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Poseidon
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 23, 2010, 09:43 AM

Here's the '79 dvd: Amazon.com: The Miracle Worker: Patty Duke, Melissa Gilbert...
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

May 24, 2010, 06:25 AM

Hi Quinn F,

Thanks for the info.

I did visit Amazon but did not find it, but you did.

I assume it is a Region 1 DVD but no matter I have a Multi Region Player.

I tried to give you feedback but AMHD would not let me. I can't understand why as I have asked & answered enough Qs.

Sometime I am allowed to give feedback, other times I am not so please take this post as my 'Agree' in the feedback box.

Thanks again

Poseidon
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 25, 2010, 08:53 AM

Happy to help, no worries about the feedback :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I set a box of Miracle Grow on top of my table saw. The Miracle grow got on top of m [ 6 Answers ]

I set a box of Miracle Grow on top of my table saw and it stained the alumunium. Any way to clean this up?

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

Worker Comp & ttd [ 6 Answers ]

If you received ttd payments and then later found out that your employer did not use the correct wage statement, meaning they did not use gross wages but net wages instead. This causing a lower ttd payment than what should have been, will they have to reimburse you for this underpayment?

Artist--somewhere between 1959 and 1962 [ 9 Answers ]

There are many groups that sang "Gloria." One of my favorites is the Cadillacs. However, there was another version--late 50's or very early '60's---the same words, BUT the lead singer cries in the middle of it. Can anyone tell me the artist---most likely a group. Thank you.

The Miracle Worker(2000)-Soundtrack [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone has ever seen the movie The Miracle Worker(2000) and remembers -or- knows the song that was played it goes "and i want to thank you..." If you know the song -or- artist could you please tell me! Thanks

View more questions Search