Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 11:14 AM
    We were wrong
    Hello:

Yup, we didn't know enough about him. Who knew that he'd say ONE thing on the campaign trail, and then turn into G.W. Bush on steroids after he was elected? This is what he said BEFORE we voted for him:

"As a parent, I can also imagine the terror I would feel if one of my family members were rounded up in the middle of the night and sent to Guantanamo without even getting one chance to ask why they were being held and being able to prove their innocence. . . .

By giving suspects a chance -- even one chance -- to challenge the terms of their detention in court, to have a judge confirm that the Government has detained the right person for the right suspicions, we could solve this problem without harming our efforts in the war on terror one bit."

But, AFTER he became the top dude, he is doing the exact opposite. I won't bore you with the legal details, but Obama flip flopped. He appealed a decision that granted habeas corpus rights to detainees held at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. This is a decision he LOVED as a candidate. But, as president, he WON his appeal.

I guess he doesn't care much about parents after all, cause if Obama kidnaps somebody from say Canada, and renders 'em to Gitmo, they HAVE habeas corpus rights... But, if he sends the plane to Afghanistan, they DON'T. Now, I don't know what Constitution he's been reading, but it ain't the same one I've got, or the same one he talked about BEFORE he sucked us in.

Obama is a dufus. At least we knew where Bush stood.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 01:17 PM

It's called a conundrum . We are at war but he doesn't recognize it as a war... except when he does.

His preference would be to not be in this position when prisoners taken in war would have to be dealt with . That is why he likes the drone option... taking no prisoners is much easier.

Special Report: How the White House learned to love the drone | Reuters

LOL he prefers killing them than ruining that squeeky clean humanitarian good guy image. There were some of us here who said that would become the preferred option. Never actually thought I'd here the El Deguello being played by the US military.

It really concerns me that Dennis Blair was fired . He was the only one of the Obots who seemed to have a clue. Who's left ? Napolitano ,Holder,Brennan,
    Panetta ? Oye vey! Evita looks strong comparatively .

The list of his foreign policy failures is strikingly large in his 1st year and 1/2. Got to go now but I'll compile the ones I can think of when I return .
    meyowgee Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2010, 04:48 PM

The typical politication lie for year to get elected, show your true colors for 2years the start the lie over what they call becoming a centrist code word for tell them anything to get them to vote for you again. If that doesn't work then the pork will flow in. Don't sell your children's future for the pork today. Let not our memory fade and vote all them all out of office.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2010, 05:40 AM
    Here's the latest foreign policy cluster**** under our new strategy of Concession, Retreat, Appeasement and Perplexing our allies (CRAP).

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 05:57 AM

Hello Steve:

As right wing as he gets, you're still going to hate him, aren't you?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2010, 06:05 AM

Ex, I realize that from where you sit he seems right-wing... but he's anything but. And for the last time I don't hate him.

Exit question: What's not a cluster*** about what that photo represents?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 23, 2010, 11:21 PM

Tom

Good link.

I think of these drones as an Obama "death panel" from the sky for these terrorists.;) I agree, why have the US legal system muck up justice for these non-US citizens?

G&P
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 25, 2010, 07:10 AM

About the only thing I see as a positive about Obama in the White House is that he and is beautiful family are nice to look at. It's a small positive, but to see a picture of them in a magazine looks good.

Unfortunately, a good looking family does not equate to a good Presidency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Am I doing something wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys, So I'm 21 years old and I'm about 5'4 and weigh about 179 pounds. I need to lose about 30-40 pounds fast. I never really cared about my weight last year.. I Drank all the time, ate out all the time and never really cared about what I was about to eat. This year, I told myself I'm going...

Right or wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I planned a surprise party for my boyfriends birthday at my house. I got a keg, cake, everything. I spend a lot of time and thought into this because I really love him and I wanted him to have a good time on his 20th birthday. He thought we weren't going to do anything. So I was nice enough...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search