Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joelmcginley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 05:11 AM
    Clean bid
    Anyone out there using Cleanbid software for commercial janitorial estimates?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Hi, joelmcginley!

I'm going to let Stringer know about this thread. Out of all the Experts here, if any of them know about that software or whether using something like that would be the best choice, he would.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 23, 2010, 08:01 PM

I am afraid that I can't help you with this one. I am not familiar with them.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Do you use any kind of software for figuring out bids, Stringer?
    jimname Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 04:03 PM
    I think Cleanbid is too expensive as it certaintly doesn't include anything you need other than bidding on only cleaning jobs, there's more you need than just a bid program. Also their system is not a program it is online only as they have access to all you put into the system that's a privacy thing. You own nothing and they have no fulltime or flate fee to pay for a annual or buy the rights to use the software. Personnally it still needs lot of extra work to it as they have not really finished working with it.
    jimname Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 04:05 PM
    I think Cleanbid is too expensive as it certaintly doesn't include anything you need other than bidding on only cleaning jobs, there's more you need than just a bid program. Also their system is not a program it is online only as they have access to all you put into the system that's a privacy thing. You own nothing and they have no fulltime or flate fee to pay for a annual or buy the rights to use the software. Personnally it still needs lot of extra work to it as they have not really finished working with it.
    CleanGuru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 11:00 AM

Right up front, I should say, I am one of the developers of the CleanBid Program. I apologize for the length explanation below, but I wanted to give a reasonably thorough response to your note.

After running our own janitorial business for a number of years, we wanted to see if we could create an easier way for contractors to bid cleaning jobs. We think we have in the CleanBid Program - certainly not perfect, but we hope useful and user-friendly.

First, in 2007, after several years in development, we were thrilled to finally be able to make it available - online. That was one of our goals - to have it be online, so we could continually improve it and then instantly make those changes available to everyone. In addition, it allows us to give instant, real time, one-one-one customer support - to help members with their own, unique bidding questions and issues.

Plus, I should say that we take our members privacy and security very seriously, so similar to other online programs that are widely trusted and relied on, such as Quicken Online / QuickBooks Online for Accounting, each CleanBid Account is secure, regularly backed up and password protected .

We try to make the program as affordable as possible. That's why earlier this year, we created several new plans to our program. So, while our standard monthly membership had been $49.97, we now offer three different plans, one of which is our new, Basic Plan for only $27/mo.

While we are very happy to offer this new, more affordable membership plan, we understand the feelings expressed by many frustrated, independent janitorial businesses who, having to deal with low-balling competitors, want to respectfully remind their prospective customers that in a very real and positive way "You get what you pay for."

These independent cleaning business owners feel they need to point out the very real connection between quality and price (i.e. value)... and we believe our CleanBid Program is a good example of this principle as well.

Let me offer here one idea to consider regarding the value of the program:

We believe a part of the overall value of the CleanBid Program comes directly from one of the unique characteristics of the many of the cleaning jobs our members bid on, and that is, that they are very often, reoccurring in nature - as opposed to a one-time sale.

So, for example, let's say a janitorial business was quoting on cleaning a local bank branch 3 (three) times per week; and that the monthly profit on that one job was $100. If we assume this account remains an active client and is kept in budget, the cleaning contractor might reasonably expect to continue making $100 every month.

And, if they used, just as an example, $47 of that $100 profit from that one on-going account to pay for, let's say, a CleanBid Plus Plan; that one account alone could be used to continue to 'pay' their monthly $47 fee each month... still leaving them with an additional $50/mo. Of profit.

So, one way to think about the value of a bidding program like CleanBid is in terms of its ability to help a cleaning business land and keep one or more profitable cleaning job(s) which could on its own more than cover uninterrupted access to the Program.

Our goal is to have the program be the fastest, easiest and most professional online program available anywhere today to bid janitorial jobs.

We hope members find that to be a real and tangible value.

The CleanBid Program includes sections for everything from cover letter and proposal to references and job specifications; all of which can be easily updated and customized.

Finally, while we realize janitorial businesses need a great deal more than just bidding help, such as in the areas of marketing, quality control and management, the CleanBid Program is simply our best effort in one area where we felt cleaning contractors most desperately needed help - namely, bidding.

We do plan on creating marketing and management programs to help janitorial businesses as soon as we can, but we do not want to release any until we feel they are of the same quality and usefulness as we believe the CleanBid Program is in janitorial bidding.

We need to hear what people like and don't like about our program - it's one of the very best ways we can learn how to make CleanBid a program that truly delights the user. If you'd like, feel free to call us anytime to share your thoughts on things we can improve on.

Thanks,
    Tony Dietsch
    Clean Guru LLC
    888-531-4878

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

How Do You Clean a Toilet Bowl That Seems Impossible to Clean? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, I let my upstairs toilet get so bad that it now seems impossible to clean. I know, pretty revealing. But, I'm a guy with a really big home and I live by myself. We've tried the usual toilet bowl cleaners that people can find in grocery and home maintenance supply stores. Also,...

Difference between self clean and standard clean ovens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm getting a new stove and when I read descriptions I see some that says self cleaning,standard cleaning or manual clean. Can you tell me what the difference is? Thank you!

How do I bid? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just started my own cleaning business and I'm focusing on apartment accounts! (Stairwells & Hallways) Vacuuming and cleaning the windows. How would/ should I bid these? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am a rookie:)

Submitting a bid for a home construction clean-up. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to submit a bid for a exclusive large home, construction clean. I do not know how to write one to submit. I have an idea on the charge, but any points would help. Thank you

View more questions Search