Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oronar06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
    I've just been diagnosed with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I live on the second f
    I'm a 39 year old professional who has just been diagnosed with Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, ovarian cyst, uterine polyp, and gall stones. I know! I live on the second floor of an apartment complex and requested a transfer of my lease to a ground floor apartment due to the Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis as well as having to have a partial hysterectomy and gall bladder removal. My apartment complex informed me that there are no ground floor apartments at least 60 days out and that I will have to pay reletting fees and full market value on my apartment if I break the lease. I have already given them the doctor's note indicating that I need these surgeries as well as my disability but they say I signed a contract. Is this correct?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2010, 05:07 PM

Yes, you can not break the lease, they can move you if and when there is a opening at a handicap unit. But yes this appears correct
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oronar06 View Post
    I'm a 39 year old professional who has just been diagnosed with Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, ovarian cyst, uterine polyp, and gall stones.
    Hello o:

I don't know if you qualify as a disabled person with your maladies. But, even if you don't, I'd threaten my landlord with a lawsuit requiring that he put in an elevator if he doesn't find accommodations for you. Let HIM sweat. Why should you?

Do your intimidating with a certified letter send return receipt requested.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2010, 08:41 AM
    The partial hysterectomy and the cholycystectomy have little to do with this as they are very easily recoverable. So you need to leave this out of the equation since the lupus and the RA are permanent. Don't bite off more than you can chew here.
    oronar06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 05:08 AM

Thanks everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheumatoid Arthritis [ 1 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I have been seeing a Rheumatologist doctor for about 3 or 4 years. I have had one of the worst cases of knee swelling that he, and every other doctor that I have seen, has ever witnessed. My knee swells up with inflammation fluid ALL the time. It started happening...

Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis? [ 4 Answers ]

I work in USA on H1B. My mother (She is in India, 50 years old, 143 pounds, 5 feet) is suffering from joints pain since last 11 years. We have gone through so many test in India but doctors could not find the actual cause of pain and disease. RA factor is also negative. Some Doctors say it is...

Discoid lupus.just been diagnosed.looking for drug free alternative [ 5 Answers ]

I have just been diagnosed with discoid lupus and I do not like to take medications... does anyone know of relief for the lesions>>??

Lupus, blemishes [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get rid of the blemishes?

Rheumatoid arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

I Am Desperate To Know Does Rhumatol Work To Help Rhuematoid Arthritis?

View more questions Search