Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelost Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 06:52 PM
    In love with my best friend
    I'm in love with my best friend, I've had feeling for him for 2 years now, and he found out about one month ago, he told my friends that he loved me but not in that way, he said we had gotten TOO close for him to feel anything for me. So I thought he would feel awkward but he didn't, we are still friends, now the problem is that he recently started dating someone, and always want to talk about it, he tells me he really likes her, and other things about girls, BUT WHY DOES HE DO THIS TOO ME IF HE KNOWS HOW I FEEL ABOUT HIM? Why do you guys think he does this? Is he trying to make me jealous? I mean because if he really cares about me like he says he does than he shouldn't be saying anything about other girls, he knows that hurts me! So please tell mee what to do, should I stop talking to him? Or act like nothing? I neeed advice pleaseeeeeee!
    ashlynbaby101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 07:05 PM
    OK well you should tell him how you feel about him.. if it doesn`t work out with him and his girlfriend YOU should ask him out I mean... whats the point of not telling a boy that you like him? See... I really like this boy and I asked him out he said no but... I still like him... hehe... good luck! :)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2006, 07:15 PM
    When he brings up the subject, just simply say "I'm sorry, but I'd rather not talk about that right now." Inform him that you're not comfortable discussing that topic.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 7, 2006, 07:49 PM
    The best mates are your best friend first.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2006, 05:03 AM
    Its so hard to be friends when there is a romantic attraction, so you may have to back off this friendship until you both can handle it better. You should be honest with him how you feel and have to leave him alone until it sinks in.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 8, 2006, 05:13 AM
    I don't think he is trying to make you jealous. He is probably trying to keep the friendship like it was. He doesn't want it to change, even though your feelings have come out. He wants you to still be that friend he can talk to.
    Unless you say something to him, he will continue to talk about other girls. You should step up and let him know that as much as you care for him and don't want to lose the friendship, you have too many feelings to sit around and listen to him talk about another girl when you want to be that girl. He can either stop talking about her and still be friends, or maybe it will be best for you to not hang out with him so much. You obviously like him in a more than friends way, and he knows.. but he just doesn't feel the same way... it just happens.

Can you see yourself being friends with him if he stops talking about other girls and relationships? Or will you always be hoping that someday he will see you in a different light and give you a chance? Either way he should respect that you have feelings too, and that you can't just stand by and just be his friend while he talks about other girls... let him know where you stand in this friendship.

Best of luck
    gillian28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 03:24 AM
    I don't mean to be rude but I think he's doing that because he wants you to realize that he likes somebody else... on the contrary, probably he wants you to get jealous... good luck!cheer up!
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 2, 2008, 06:50 AM
    I went out with my Best Friend :P and no we haven't spoken in 2 years don't make the same mistake! Better to be friends than enemies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Controlling Ex boyfriend... need advice [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my question.. here goes... I was in a relationship for a year with someone very insecure, jealouse, possessive, controlling with a bad temper and slightly manipulative... it was an up and down relationship we'd get into arguments all the time...

More advice needed :S [ 4 Answers ]

Hi again. I hate to nag on about this but if anyone has more advice it would be great. I am still finding either some brown discharge or sometimes a bit of blood everyday from about 3 weeks ago whenever I go to the toilet, although not a lot. But the thing is its really bugging me now because its...

Need Advice/help [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have recently become sexually active We are both 16 years old and were both virgins when we had sex So far we have had sex 3 times: January 6, 10, and 12 All three times we used protection On the 12th however, 2 days before when she usually has her period, after we had...

Reformating my hard drive. Help Needed ASAP [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am running Windows 98. I need to reformat my hard drive now. I've tried everything... My question is...

Needs advice ASAP please [ 1 Answers ]

I marry a Filipina woman and I noticed that she's having an affair with a married man. I don't want to continue my petition to her to get a visa so please advice me what to do. Also, she's having a baby now with the other man and I just noticed that she used my name as a father of that kid and...

View more questions Search