Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kissesforever31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 04:28 AM
    My question is can a felon marry an alien and would that bring a problem with immigra
    Can a convicted felon marry an alien and would that interfear with the immigration process what should I do?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

May 21, 2010, 07:58 AM

Yes, a felon can marry and file a family-based petition, but it depends on the nature of the felony conviction. Certain crimes will trigger the immigration components of the Adam Walsh Act, designed to protect unsuspecting beneficiaries and dependent minors from sexual exploitation, etc.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon going to marry a canadian [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon for a drug charge, I'm going to get married to a girl from canada. Will this allow me in to canada? And if so what hoops to I need to go through? I was released in Jan of 09, I can't seem to get any stright answer's from anyone , so I do hope someone here can help, or show me...

I am a felon am I allowed to marry a doctor [ 1 Answers ]

If I am a felon and my girlfriend is going to be receiving her doctorate in Psychiatry can we still marry

I moved out because he cannot bring himself to marry me [ 18 Answers ]

I am new here and have been reading several threads which have offered me a lot of enlightenment and support. It feels a bit odd to be writing this, but if hearing what you can say about other’s predicaments offers me support, maybe you can shed some enlightenment to what I am going through too. ...

Can a Felon marry foreigner? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a felon who never went to prison but did some county time and will be off probation in April. It was a non violent crime. Can I marry a Japanese girl?

H1 (Resident Alien) and H4 (NR Alien) joint tax problem [ 7 Answers ]

I have been in the US since 2003 and have filed as a NON-Resident Alien for the tax year 2005 (I was a student). My H1B started Jan 1, 2006 and I got married on Aug 28th 2006. My wife joined me on my way back on a H4 visa. I know that we can both file as a Resident Aliens. 1. Is our STD...

View more questions Search