Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allknottedup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home...
    We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years.

One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her home.

I think Trinie is pregnant by the way she acts and her stomach is enlarged. (Trinie had a hernia when we got her as a stray so we were waiting for our Vet to okayed the spaying when the hernia was gone, that's why she never got spayed.)

But when we brought Trinie home, Kittie just could not stand her at all. She hisses, makes groaning noises, and runs away as soon as she senses her.

When anyone tries to pick Kittie up now she meows loudly like she's very annoyed she doesn't like anyone to hold her when she used to be very affectionate. I think she's acting like this because Trinie is pregnant?

I don't know but I sure do miss the old Kittie when she'd be so happy to see me...

Could this be also because Trinie smells different since she lived outside for awhile?

I hope that Trinie and Kittie can be as close as they were before Trinie ran away. They were best friends.
    heathervettechCa Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2006, 02:47 AM
    HOnestly,
    First off, YOu should get all of your cats spayed or neutered. This helps them keep from wanting to stray. Secondly, cats are very different than dogs, they do not immediately accept new things,pets,smells etc. YOu should gradually introduce them together again however if she is indeed pregnant, then she needs to be separate from the others until after the kittens are born. It is rare that other cats will be okay with new kittens and often can end in fighting amongst adults and or injury to the kittens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat acting weird [ 2 Answers ]

Help, my cat has recently started acting different. It started the other night. One minute she was fine, and then all of the sudden she kinda "freaked out" and started running around crazy and now she is hiding under covers. She acts like she has fleas or something, but the vet said she does not....

Cat acting Very Odd! HELP [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a male (leo) cat I have had since a kitten, he’s always been a little odd, he is quarter Burmese, but lately he has been running around the house like a mad thing, jumping up on furniture and suddenly freaking and dashing about like a crazed animal. How ever when I pick him up he calms...

Is my cat acting normal? [ 3 Answers ]

My kitten has been acting very moody recently. Normally she would be happy and playful, but yesterday I noticed that she was very lazy. Today whenever you try to play with her or pet her she hisses or growls at you. She never acted like this before, and I don't know if it is normal or not.My kitten...

Strange Cat [ 7 Answers ]

My mums cat does strange things. She is a happily normal and healthy cat BUT she never poops in her litter NEVER,always in the spare bathroom where her litter is but never in it, always besides it or by the door. This is so bizarre. She is 4 yrs old and has been doing so shortly after my mum got...

Cat has been acting strange [ 1 Answers ]

I've just started noticing a change in behavior in my 6 1/2 year old cat. He found a spot under the bed where he spends almost his entire day, except to come out to eat. He doesn't come out as normal when I get up or come home from work, won't come out for treats, won't come when called and...

View more questions Search