Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yekim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 09:09 PM
    How much time do the courts have to indict someone when you are not in jail
    Assault 2nd, didn't take the plea... how long do they have to indict me before it gets thrown out?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 05:57 AM

Hello:

The times vary by state, but probably three years.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the average jail time for first time probation violation in Texas? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I got into some trouble a couple of years back, and got put on 9 months probation for a Class A Misdemeaner. I'm now being accused of probation violation for not fully doing all the probationary requirements on time. This is the first time for this and I now have a warrant out on me. I'm...

How long do they have to indict you if in jail [ 10 Answers ]

If you are in jail how long does the state have to indict you, before they have to release you?

How much jail time for a first time felony in new orleans,lousiana [ 1 Answers ]

-my fiancé was out visiting his hometown ,New Orleans,Louisiana,and in up getting arrested.His charge was theft of auto over 500$,with a bond of 15,000.I wanted to know how much jail time would he be facing or is there any chance of probation,being that this is his first time getting into trouble...

ATTN: excon Prison time vs. Jail time [ 3 Answers ]

I do not know how to use this system very well and hope that you are getting my replies to your answers to my questions... if not... this is my way of saying thank you with all sincerity... Can you tell me any more about jail time... vs... prison time... I hear that prison time is actually shorter...

I have been served lis pendens. How do I ask for more time from the courts? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been served Lis Pendens papers. How do I ask for more time from the courts? I was told you can go to the court house and hand them a piece of paper saying " I need more time to negotiate with the banks"? Who do I file with and is that what I write?

View more questions Search