Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baileyshane Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 05:54 PM
    Is it OK to get distemper shots with rabie shots
    Is it OK to get distemper shots and rabie shots the same day and is it normal for dog to get sick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 05:58 PM

Your vet would be the one to ask about that. But if I can remember correctly it was all in one booster. When they get the vaccine it's usually one shot, parvo, distemper and rabis.

What do you mean sick? Like vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic? What are her symptoms?

May 20, 2010, 08:15 PM
    She eats a little bit and then throws it up and this morning I noticed when she there was like a film over it I don't think she got into anything but I was at work so not sure

May 20, 2010, 08:17 PM

Well she eats a little and she throws it up right after and I noticed this morning that when she it had a film over it idont think she got into anything but not sure
    Dogs Expert

May 20, 2010, 08:41 PM

So how long has she been vomiting for? And when did she get the vaccine? Some dogs have a reaction, but not usually vomiting. Usually just lethargic and maybe a bit sore on the hip or shoulder they got the shot in.

Does she have diarrhea? What do her stools look like? Is she having normal bowl movements? Is she drinking water?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2010, 05:11 AM

Rabies is never the same shot as Distemper, but they are given the same time often. Distemper is usually combined in one shot with Adenovirus, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza - sometimes Leptospirosis is in there, too.

Some dogs do react to vaccines. It sometimes can be vomitting, but it's relatively rare. Is there anything your dog got into? Ate something she shouldn't have?

Either way, I would contact your vet.
    Dogs Expert

May 21, 2010, 06:16 AM

Thank you, I couldn't remember if it was all in one or the rabies was separate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rabie shots [ 1 Answers ]

How often do dogs need rabie shots?

Rabie shots [ 3 Answers ]

How often does a dog get there rabie shot? cherrystone64

Rabie Shots [ 1 Answers ]

How Old Should A Puppy Be Before They Get Their First Rabie Shot?

Rabie shots [ 1 Answers ]

Our new puppy recently had her first rabie shots, afterwards there was a lump. The doctor said something to the effect that this was white blood cell build up and prescribed an anti biotic liquid. Is this common and is this dangerous to the puppy??

Rabie Shots [ 6 Answers ]

When Are Puppies Suppose To Get There First Rabie Shot

View more questions Search