Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ubber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 04:08 PM
    If the mother of my child wants to give me full custody...
    What should I do? As of right now I have my 3 year old daughter 64% of the time and her mother has her 36% of the time. I can't afford a lawyer. I make minimum wage which is like $8 in California. I've heard things like like legal aid but I've also heard that there is some paper work I can get through the courts where if she signs it I won't have to go through court..
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 20, 2010, 04:58 PM

No, you heard wrong. You need to do it through the courts. Most courts will help you fill out the needed paperwork and since you both agree then it is a slam dunk and the judge signs it off. You need to apply for modification of custody and have the courts approve it so its legal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2010, 06:31 PM

Agreed, you have to go though the court to modify your agreement, this will effect child support orders, and custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can father agree to surrender full custody rights to the mother of child? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is Can my daughters father consent full custody to me with out going to court? My daughter is going to be 2yrs of age, I am the sole caretaker of her. I have provided everything to my daughter with out the need of her father. We were never married and she does not have his last...

Does Full Custody give you a right to put up for Adoption? [ 47 Answers ]

I'm in a situation where an ex girlfriend lied to me about birth control. Aside from this fact, she has previously told me she was suicidle, also made hint that she has cancer, and has also tried blackmailing me into getting back together. If she chooses to take me to court, is it possible for me...

Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved...

Full Custody To Mother [ 4 Answers ]

What rights do I have as a full parent to my son? If the father of my son wants to take him to another state to spend time with him what do I do to prevent that from happening because I want to have monitored visits and since we live in different states, how do I prevent my sons father from taking...

How Do I Give my baby's Father Full custody [ 2 Answers ]

I want to give my baby's dad full custody of our baby. What do I need to do

View more questions Search