Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itrn007 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Shower enclosure soffit - Stay or go?
    I am beginning a remodel of my bathroom. Currently it has a soffit over the shower stall, and I am trying to decide whether to remove it or keep it. What is the purpose of a soffit above a shower or tub? Can it be remove without any ill effects?

Thanks in advance
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 7, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Punch a hole in the soffit and see what's up there. There may be a vent in the way. Is there a light fixture?
    If there is nothing up there and you like the increase height, go w/o the soffit.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Some soffits were put there for storage but if you do not have a door on it that knocks that idea in the head. The reason I lowered the ceiling of the shower was to save several square feet of ceramic tile when tiling the shower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi! Regarding Thermostat for Lizard enclosure [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm trying to fix my lizard enclosure with a thermostat, I'm having a little trouble wiring it. My aim is to connect my lightbulb to my thermostat... having the lightbulb turn off when the thermostat temperature is high. I've powered my lightbulb no problem, it's just figuring out...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a bathroom in my new garage addition, and am seeking input for the 36" Sterling shower enclosure. 1) Instruction state that back and side walls can be attached to bare studs or over water resistant wall board. Any opinions on which is best? 2) The base I plan to...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

"Do they make a drain receptor with female threads on the inside that could be glued to the 2" pipe afer the base is set, and with the drain grate screwing into that?" They do but I'm not too sure you can use it on a manufactured shower base. It's called a "flange type shower drain", (see image)...

Building a tub deck and shower enclosure [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I am not sure if this s/b in this section or in plumbing, so I will post it in both. We are adding a whirlpool tub to our bathroom addition and it requires a tub deck. The exterior walls are all framed and insulated (Icynene). Should I rock the walls first and then build the...

View more questions Search