Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delilahklose74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2010, 11:56 AM
    I need to know the requirements in Kane county illinoi to advertise for a divorce
    I have been separated from my husband since 2000 and am unable to locate him. I want to file for divorce in kane county Illinois. I need to put a publication in the newspaper but do not know the requirements for the wording that would be acceptable. We have no children, no assets. I have been searching everywhere for answer. Could you please help me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 20, 2010, 12:10 PM

An Attorney has to get an Order allowing service by publication - or, if you are Court wise, you can get the Order yourself.

You have to advertise in certain, named publications for a certain number of days - if you do not you are wasting your time.

It might be less expensive to hire a private investigator to locate him.

That is the case in NY (where I am).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Citizen kane [ 2 Answers ]

Hi any body know what this quote means? "A toast, Jedidiah, to love on my terms. They're the only terms that anybody ever knows."

Need to advertise for divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I have been separated from my husband, who is not a legal citizen, for 5 months now. I do not know where he lives and was instructed to place an ad for divorce in the paper. I don't know where to begin or who to ask or what to do. Can you please point me in right direction?

What county do I fill for a divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I have just a simple question. If I was filing for a divorce, what county would I need to file in. Does it have to be the county I live in or can I file in another county. Thanks tabithah

Uncontested divorce filing fee for Shelby county TN [ 1 Answers ]

What is the filing fee for an uncontested divorce in Shelby county TN

View more questions Search