Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

May 20, 2010, 07:16 AM
    Hpv and atypical cells
    My Dr just told me that they found atypical cells and I tested positive for high risk HPV and she's referring me to a gyno for further testing... I know I don't have genital warts or antying like that I have no symptoms at all When I was pregnant with my son my pap was normal (2 years ago) Do they test for that when you're pregnant? Does this mean I have cervical cancer?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2010, 07:23 AM
    1) No, it's not typically tested for during pregnancy.

2) Again, no, this is not a diagnosis of cervical cancer.

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Cancer: Q & A - National Cancer Institute

May 20, 2010, 07:27 AM

Is it curable? Treatable? Spreadable?

May 21, 2010, 07:29 AM

I thought the vaccination didn't help if you already have it

May 21, 2010, 07:30 AM

Well thanks for the info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HPV, how the heck? [ 9 Answers ]

HI, My doctor has diagonsed me with HPV. I am very confused about this. My husband and I have been together since we were 14 and have had no sexual contact with anyone else. How then did I get it, if it is only spread through sexual cotnact? My doctor upset me by suggesting that my husband may...

I have hpv [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?

? About HPV [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

View more questions Search