Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OWhatAThrill Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Maytag Neptune MDE5500AYW control panel lights work but dryer won't run
    I have a Maytag Neptune MDE5500AYW electric dryer. Lights on control panel work fine. Can change settings and all lights change as usual. Nothing unusual with the dryer door. Bottom push in still there and at the side of the dryer door, the prong looks fine and where the prong goes in looks fine.

Panel seems to work fine. I can press the buttons and it will change the dry time accordingly, but even with minutes shown as to the upcoming dry cycle, when you press the "start/pause" button, nothing happens and the "start/pause" light continues to blink, as if it's never been pressed.

Have flipped the breaker and tried it again to no avail. Any ideas? Any suggestions MUCH appreciated!

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer MDE5500AYW, 8.8. Error code [ 12 Answers ]

My Maytag Neptune Dryer, Model MDE5500AYW, Serial 36492683ZF, has "8.8." on the display panel and will not respond to any control input. The power went out and when it came back on the panel was showing "8.8." and the code will not clear. I have reset the circuit breaker, and unplugged the dryer...

Maytag neptune dryer, MDG6700aww, barely heating. Dryer is only a few months old. [ 6 Answers ]

Maytag neptune, MDG6700aww, is barely even getting luke warm when drying clothes. I have tried changing the temperature and cycle settings and it doesn't make a difference. When I first put the dryer in it worked fine, now in the past month its not even getting "warm". It's a gas dryer.

How to you remove the back panel on a maytag neptune drying center [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the thermal fuse on my maytag neptune drying center model MCG8000AWQ and I can't figure out how to get access to the back of the dryer. I have removed every screw I can get to but still cannot remove the panel. Does anyone know how to remove the panels? Thank you for any...

Kenmorte elite dryer control panel won't work [ 0 Answers ]

Inside dryer light turns on, but buttons on the control panel won't light up. Reset circuit breakers, still no action. Is there a reset on the dryer somewhere or do I need to replace the control panel-circuit board?

Maytag Neptune Dryer MDE5500AYW - No Heat [ 5 Answers ]

There is no heat on my electric dryer. I am not good and scared of electricity, but also have been out of work since June and am single mom 2 kids (clothes keep coming) and must fix this myself. Can anyone guide me through what to check. It runs fine, but is not in the least bit warm. I have...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.