Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jun 30, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Are you still planning on suing the coroner?
    I was never PLANNING on suing the coroner, just wondering if there is a cause for a lawsuit or complaint against the coroner. Most likely no matter what I find out I won't end up suing anyone. I really don't like the idea of suing people for money, unless I am seriously injured purposely ~through no fault of my own (for instance). However, depending on everything I find out, I might file some kind of complaint against the coroner and the coroner's office.

Why are you asking?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    Thanks Dr. Bill, obviously I've got further investigations to do.... :(

There was only one source for the PM toxicology and the coroner argued with me about the unreliability of it.
    Every major professional journal in the fields of forensic pathology, pathology, chemistry etc. has addressed this issue in depth throughout the last 30 years. Every professional organization, in recommendations/guidelines, likewise lists the necessity of multiple-site sampling due to postmortem redistribution. (As ex. See Finkbeiner, etal (2009) Autopsy Pathology p. 171)

Jun 30, 2010, 01:15 PM

When I mentioned that I had heard that there was a need for multiple-site samples for PM toxicology, she slammed her hand down on the table, rolled her eyes, and said that is completely false.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    I was never PLANNING on suing the coroner, just wondering if there is a cause for a lawsuit or complaint against the coroner. Most likely no matter what I find out I won't end up suing anyone. I really don't like the idea of suing people for money, unless I am seriously injured purposely ~through no fault of my own (for instance). However, depending on everything I find out, I might file some kind of complaint against the coroner and the coroner's office.

Why are you asking?

You started your thread by stating, "I'm wondering if I can sue the coroner ..." so I thought you were considering suing.

I wondered, now that you appear to have some evidence, if that was still your plan.

I don't find my question to be unreasonable when a question involving "can I sue" is posted on a legal board.

Jun 30, 2010, 01:45 PM

That isn't what I said, I said exactly: " I'm wondering if I can sue the coroner or if there is any action I can take against her " You forgot "OR"

You are right, your question is not unreasonable, though it is curious since you had said you were unsubscribing to this post and I think you also mentioned that you would not continue to post here.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 01:56 PM

And you are right. I did say I was done here and I did come back.

Now I understand your attitude.

When a statement contains the word "or" it means you could do this OR you could do that. Your statement - and the conversation that ensued concerning monetary damages - was all about a lawsuit. If you never intended to sue I don't know why that word was even in your opening sentence.

But, again, you are right. 125 posts and still going around in circles.

Jun 30, 2010, 02:07 PM

I'm not the one who was talking about getting some kind of monetary award. I asked about suing or a complaint because I don't know correct procedure on things like this, where a complaint of SOME KIND might be warranted. I feel like I've got a lot of good information from this, not like I'm going in circles. You might understand my attitude, but I don't understand yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Autopsy in nursing school? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about to start nursing school at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette next month, getting my BSN as a second bachelors. I was told by someone, who has never attended nursing school, that I'd have to "do" an autopsy. I'm aware of "doing" one on an animal, but I wasn't aware that we'd have...

Work experience- coroner? [ 1 Answers ]

I am only studying A Levels at the moment and am looking for any opportunities for work experience in the legal side as would like to become a coroner. I am only 17 but wondered whether anyoe knew o had any ideas of where I coud look fr work experience?? Thanks- would be a great help!! :) x

Certifications for autopsy technicians [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently employed at a Level 1 trauma hospital. I would love to be an autopsy technician, what certifications are required to become an autopsy technician?

View more questions Search