Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carboy7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 08:13 PM
    Being sued by cc in nj
    I have just been told by sears that they are going to file a suit to get back 3200 dollars I owe them. I put sears into a debt consolidation program back in June. Im using CDS as my consolidator. I did not know until today that sears did not accept the offer CDS propossed. Now sears wants the full amount by next Friday 12-17-06. I don't have 30.00 dollars to give them let alone 3200. What recourse do I have in NJ. I give every last penny to CDS to pay the rest of my cards. Can they take my house? What can I do to legally? Thanks Anyone
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2006, 08:24 PM
    OK, what can they do, sue you in court and get a judgement,

They can get a attachment and seize any money in your checking account, and they see to know when there is the most money,

Next they can garnish your pay, and take maybe 20 to 25 percent of your pay check.

So you may need to get a second job, talk to CDS about redoing what is being paid to the others, so you can start paying sears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued over old debt [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a lawsuite against me from a credit card company, from debt incurred a few years ago. I'd like to know if: I should go through paying an attorney and the whole process, or, should I wait and see what happens? Would it be wise for me to send a lump sum to the attorney and see if...

Can I get sued... again? [ 7 Answers ]

I rented from a man while in my junior year of college in PA who turned out to be a slum through ReMax. The house was a typical college house that was filthy, and damaged, and placed anywhere outside of a college setting would have been condemned. After some damages (which we repaired) We...

I'm being sued,what will they get? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Pa. I am being sued for rear ending someone and will most likely have a judgement put against me. This insurance was in my husbands name. Can his car be taken if we are no longer living together but still legally married.my wages cannot be garnished because they are so low. Can his...

Being Sued by Tenant [ 7 Answers ]

I just received a letter from a Law Firm, I am being sued by a former tenant. His lease was up and he did not want to sign a new lease or leave, I evicted him (legally from all the information I read) for willful destruction of property~ He had done about $1,800 worth of damage to the bathroom. ...

If you're Sued. [ 4 Answers ]

If a credit card company sues you ,what can they get? I mean can they garnish your wages, or cause you to lose your house, or have you thrown in jail. I have heard these rumors.

View more questions Search