Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swtlilsoni Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Writing a letter help!
    This is separate from my other topic please do not merge.

I'm writing a letter to someone (that has to do with our relationship) and its very difficult because there are a million different ways to say the same thing. So whenever I write down what I feel, I'm basically writing the same thing in so many different ways. Then I get stuck because I don't know which way to choose. I can't decide which of the many different ways to say it in.
    Any ideas on how to make this easier?
    LexieLovesHim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 07:20 PM

Think of the way that makes more sense, gets what you're trying to say across easier, and the more meaningful way. Write whatever you're writing with your true feelings and interests, and include all important details.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 17, 2010, 09:55 PM
    Do a rough draft first.

Make a list of all the important things you want to say, and practise putting those things in sentences.

When you are happy that you have covered everything you wanted to say, then write it out and make any changes.

Do a finished writing, and you're all set.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:07 AM
    Type it on the computer. That why you can backspace, cut and paste more easily, so you don't waste so much time. Once you're done, then you can copy the draft back onto a piece of paper or just send it by email.

That way, you save trees too!

Win (time) / Win (trees) / Win (efficiency)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 18, 2010, 07:23 AM

The easiest way I have found to start a letter is to picture the person sitting in front of me and saying what I want to say out loud to him/her. When I find the words and phrasing that 'clicks', I write it down.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2010, 08:32 AM

Just write it out, then go back through it and decide what you want to add or take out. Writing a letter is always hard but just give it a lot of thought
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 18, 2010, 03:36 PM

Ahhh, the good old days, when corny love letters were appreciated. Nowadays they make a video, with the cell phone no less, and send it as an attachment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Writing Our Introduction Letter [ 3 Answers ]

DEAR SIR, I AM BHARGAV.TRIVEDI, HAVE A FIRM NAMED BALAJI ENTERPRISE, we are in distribution for 20Ltr packaged drinking water, which is used in all corporate offices for drinking water, I am not qualified and so getting tough to make the introduction letter, even have searched many sites for the...

Writing a Hardship Letter [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with writing a hardship letter to my mortgage company? Any tips, pointers, what TO say, what NOT to say... Background: Defaulted on mortgage. Owe back payments and legal fees due to foreclosure actions. Mtg company has agreed to suspend action to await and consider proof of...

Writing a marketing letter [ 2 Answers ]

I am independent research consultant and I need to write a marketing letter. How do I write a letter that will stand out ?

View more questions Search