Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanceman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 06:35 PM
    DVD/CDRW won't play non-commercial DVD's
    I have a Liteon Combo LTC 48161H running on a Compaq s5000cl. The DVD/CDRW drive will not play a non-commercial DVD. I have tried resetting the defaults by left clicking on "My Computer" and right clicking the combo drive, choosing "Properties", then "Auto Play" and clicking the "Restore defaults" button. This changed nothing. Would downloading a firmware update change anything. The drive will play any CD I want including non-commercial CD's.

Thanks,
    lanceman
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 6, 2006, 06:36 PM
    I assume you have dvd software installed ?
    lanceman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 04:56 PM
    I have Windows Media Player and the K-Lite full codec pack. If I need software specifically for DVD's is there a site where I can get a free download?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
    Well, someone else may know of another better one, but just as a test you could try WInDVd. If you Google it you will find trial I am sure. Good luck
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 7, 2006, 08:05 PM
    This player works great for me and the price is right [free]
    http://www.gomplayer.com/main.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playing DVD's on a CDRW [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask but anyway... I wondered if I could ply DVD's on my PC, my CDROM drive is a CDRW so it does not read DVD's but if I installed DVD drivers, could it read them? My guess is no but I just wondered

Windows xp pro refusses my cd/dvd & cdrw [ 3 Answers ]

I add CDrw to my computer.. And now I have lost my e: drive where was shown my cd content... When I put in my cd/dvd cdrw a disck , cd/dvd cdrw just light up a bulb and that is all. I can not see cd content because my e: drive is lost. I don`t know what to do! Please help me.. :confused: :( ...

CDRW problems [ 4 Answers ]

I recently started having problems with my CDRW. I open the CDRW drawer and then close it (with or without a CD in it) and then it causes my computer to stop responding and eventually freeze. There's a little light that goes on when the CDRW drive is thinking and now when I close the drawer that...

Cdrw problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a verbatim cdrw 40x12x48x that is recognized in my operating system and bios as a lite on ltr 40x12x48x. The nero software that came with it says it is not a verbatim drive and only verbatim can be used and I used the current version of nero and it burns bad cds and sometime sees a blank cd...

View more questions Search